• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Prices

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Just wondering how fuel prices are around? Ours have dropped a ton the past month, was up to 1.46$/L, now today has come back down to .99$/L. Under a dollar for the first time in forever.

Hows fuel around you guys? Also does anyone know the cdn/us conversion? Cuz I believe that the US gallon is also bigger than the CDN gallon?

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Has dropped almost $2 here in less than a month. This morning it was $2.39 a gallon.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
$2.24 USD for a gallon in Central New York.

I leave the big ol' girl runnin' overnight now :)

(kidding. I appreciate the good fortune)

I believe there's roughly 3 liters in a gallon. Just guessing based on spatial cognition. 2-liter bottle of soda compared to gallon of milk. No definitive science or anything.

Gallon is much more than a liter, though.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
awww.changesrecyclingcentre.com_images_products_dairyland_milk.jpg
atbn0_google_com_images_3b732c07e15de35f228af46983d82eac._.jpg

Thats a 4L jug of milk and a 2L bottle of coke, for perspective. That's a gallon of milk roughly correct?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Paid $1.95 yesterday in Kansas. Pump price $2.05 less a 10 cent/gallon bonus re a national grocery chain card. Kansas City, MO was $1.98 pump price.

I get reimbursed for miles based on the IRS numbers + a premium. That number went up to 62 cents/mile when gas was close to $4/gallon. The $2/gallon gas is pretty welcome while the 62 cents/mile remains. However, as gas prices escalated to the $4 level, the IRS was slow to react and I was stuck on the other end.

Now, on another thread, someone had the audacity to make fun of some of our ages. I bought a lot of gas for 19.9 cents/gallon. Worked in some service stations, during college. We put gas in for customers... washed their windshields... offered to vaccum their cars... check under the hood. Now... that's really old!!!!!

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Now, on another thread, someone had the audacity to make fun of some of our ages. I bought a lot of gas for 19.9 cents/gallon. Worked in some service stations, during college. We put gas in for customers... washed their windshields... offered to vaccum their cars... check under the hood. Now... that's really old!!!!!

I wish they still did that stuff :(

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Paid $2.51 yesterday in NE PA. Northern NJ usually runs about 15-20 cents cheaper than here.

To put it into perspective how quickly it has dropped and how little I use my car, that last time I filled my car it was $1.18 more a gallon, or $3.69. I imagine by the next time I am ready to fill it, and to fit the scheme of things, it will likely be $4.87 a gallon.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I believe it is 2.39 here in south central PA. The engine of the economy is slowing.

I know the price being down is nice, but from a geo-political standpoint, it is kind of dangerous. Russia, Iran, and Venezuala loved that high barrel price. I hope they don't do something stupid to try to raise the price.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
We had the highest gas for the longest time, because of the hurricane and the idiots in ATL who wanted to buy gas and stand in line for it.

Overnight we had gas just plummet not long ago.

From $4.30, and in a matter of a week, dropped a dollar, and the more.

I got gas for $2.19 yesterday. Actually filling up the big ol' truck and driving it more these days.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
We're at 2.61 or so here in Southern VT. Its nice to have gas down, almost $1.40/gal but does anybody believe that it will stay low or lower I guess I should say?

And as far as age goes, I can remember when I first started driving- gas was $.89/gallon. I could fill up my tank for a little more than $10-seems crazy now.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
NJ still outlaws pumping it yourself too right?
Cheap and they do it for you....good stuff

I laughed when the gas prices started hiking back in the day, and they showed how people in NJ, didn't even know how to pump their own gas. One lady said she put diesel in her car, which is strange, considering the nozzle sizes are different from regular gas.

How your make it to 50-60 years of age and don't know how to work a gas pump is funny. Get outta the house!!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.