• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Prices

WMitch6

Jul 24, 2006
Does anyone remember what prices were a year ago, before the most recent run up?

I remember $.19 a gallon when first started driving. Admittedly during a gas war, but typicla prices were around $.25.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
NJ still outlaws pumping it yourself too right?
Cheap and they do it for you....good stuff
They do, although when the prices started to skyrocket they were talking about going to Self Serve. I think they said it would allow them to lower the cost 6 cents per gallon.

My wife Commutes to NJ, and fills her car there. They seem to always remain 15-20 cents cheaper a gallon than here. We went down toward Philly today and filled up at $2.45 in comparison to $2.59 here. The $2.51 I mentioned was at BJ's Wholesale, which is always around 10 cents cheaper in the same area. Pays for it's membership.

InTheWoods

Aug 20, 2008
We have seen it as low as $1.98 here in areas of Richmond, VA.

I'm not old enough to remember 19 cent gas but i do remember when it was .99 cents for the longest. People would boycott a gas station if it jumped the $1.00 mark!

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
well last yr at this time i think it was $2.25 2 1/2 months ago it was $4.29 yesterday it was $2.75 in upstate ny.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
2.13 cash and 2.15 credit are the cheapest here in south jersey.
The gas station that I used most recently switched to cash v credit prices - I swore I wouldn't return until they dropped it. I would have no issue with $0.02 on $2/gallon - but the spread they've got going is like 6% - if they're paying any credit card company 6% they don't deserve to be in business - if they're paying 1-2% in fees but charging me 6% they don't deserve my business

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
Down to $1.47 here in Aus per litre. Lowest it's been in 6 months. Got up to $1.68 at one stage. Big cities are usually around 15 - 20 cents cheaper than we are though.

What a rip!:hunter:

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Just filled up my truck tonight... 23+ gallons for $39 and change. $1.70 a gallon! Now, that _was_ ethanol, but still. Not six months ago I was breaking 100 at the pump.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Damn Ken!!

SC usually has pretty cheap gas. Kinda wild..

Cross the state line to GA, and it's jacked back up.

I filled up my little honda the other night on E, for $19 bucks.

I can ALMOST fill my truck for $50.00.

I'd love to see under $2.00 again.. Love it.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Just filled up my truck tonight... 23+ gallons for $39 and change. $1.70 a gallon! Now, that _was_ ethanol, but still. Not six months ago I was breaking 100 at the pump.

You won't get as far on that fuel, so it's not the deal you think it is.

OP
Sandpiper3

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Just filled up today for 92.5 cents a litre. Thank god, filling my stupid truck at buck fourty was terrible.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
In Allentown PA it's 2.39, where my parents live in Maryland it's 2.09, 100 miles difference.

They said it varies state by state because there is more and less refining needed by state law. Which adds to the cost of gas? That's what the old man that owns the gas station in my parents neighborhood told me a few years ago. I asked why the difference from MD to PA and that was his explanation.

Members online

No members online now.