• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Fuel Prices

golfman2760

Aug 25, 2005
help me

they keep rising

in Australia prices are upto $1.38 a litre
I know they are more expensive in other parts of the World

this is getting rediculous

the Democrats need to regain control

Impeach Monkey man and never again vote for any President with the last name Bush

sorry to bring up Politics but to a HUGE degree they control the worlds econemy

longiron

May 2, 2005
While i agree gas prices are getting out of control, the last time i checked the US or Bush isn't the ones who set oil prices. It has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans having control of anything.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
longiron said:
While i agree gas prices are getting out of control, the last time i checked the US or Bush isn't the ones who set oil prices. It has nothing to do with Democrats or Republicans having control of anything.
Not only that, last I checked we do not control Australia. I guess this is simple acceptance that Australia lacks the mental ability in negotiation for their own economy. Simply amazes me how many people from countries foreign to the US will blame the US Government for their contries inability to negotiate their own policy.

golfman2760 said:
help me

they keep rising

in Australia prices are upto $1.38 a litre
I know they are more expensive in other parts of the World

this is getting rediculous

the Democrats need to regain control

Impeach Monkey man and never again vote for any President with the last name Bush

sorry to bring up Politics but to a HUGE degree they control the worlds econemy
Sorry, but this is pretty shallow. Kinda would be like me saying "What do you expect from people couped up in a British Penal Colony, this is why they don't give prisoners the same rights in the US, it's the Brit's fault that it came to this"

$2.89 a gallon here, last I checked. From the sounds of the prices it seems like the US Government is taking better care of the Aussies than it's own tax paying citizens, so stop complaining.

Rynamite

100 handicap and rising
Jan 17, 2006
$2.89 here. Yeah I hate it.... but Bush and the replublicans have nothing to do with it. Especially in Australia.... ????? Do you have any idea what you're talking about?

Davebud

Crackhead Zebra
Oct 31, 2005
Last thing I heard about it

Was that in the fall they are supposed to have refineries back on line that were wrecked by Hurricane Katrina, that is going to increase our own production and decrease import need, that will lower prices globally.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Slingblade61 said:
Give your local commodities trader a call.
Sling, you let someone in your home, you only give one rule to follow, and they go and take a dump in your Living Room. ;)

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
1. 1.38/litre is about 5.45 a gal.
2. american foriegn policy in the middle east is affecting fuel prices somewhat.
3. Republican or Democrat ? same thing really, like a grey cat or a yellow cat. I want a dog . VOTE Libertarian!!! ( I am the athens area libertarian chairman BTW)
Please help admin. I am trying to kick my political addiction and keep only my golf addiction. pull this thread before I go off the deep end :)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Yesterday, I was having a similar conversation with one of my assistants. My prediction was $3/gal gas by the end of the month, and $5/gal by the end of the summer. She about fainted.

Suspiciously, there seems to be no shortage of gasoline. Many of us remember the dark days of oil embargoes & lines at gas stations.

This is not like that, yet. This is price escalation brought on by a combination of new users (China & India) trying to buy up large amounts of oil reserves, and speculators who are only interested in short term profits. The oil companies do not care as long as they are making money.

One day we will run short of petroleum again, this time permanently, when worldwild demand outstrips supply. Unless someone develops a feasible new source, our economy is going to go through some major changes.

We thought it would be kind of funny if the Amish had the last laugh. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Hydrogen. It's a by product of nuclear power production, and it's free. Comes from water, of which we have an abundance. It produces water as it's by product. Complete circle.

Uranium, which is radioactive when it is mined, could be placed in the very mine it came from after power production with ZERO chance of environmental issue. One pellet the size of a thimble produces the same amount of power that burning 35,000 tons of coal does.

The best thing that could happen to North America would be gas prices going to $4 a gallon. Then, you'd see a huge shift to more fuel efficient cars and finally society looking at themselves as consumers rather than wasters. SUVs and Trucks are required by such a small percentage of society that we would finally see that they are truly a waste of resources. There isn't one person with an SUV that has it as their personal vehicle that can justify having it to the degree that a more efficient car couldn't provide for them.

Status symbols. If gas was $5 a gallon, you'd bet your ass that 90% of people would think twice about owning one if it was costing them $1600 a month in gas to run it.

R35

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
But Rock, without our SUV's how would we pull our 21 ft. bass boats w/ 250 ponies on the back?

P_102

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
P_102 said:
But Rock, without our SUV's how would we pull our 21 ft. bass boats w/ 250 ponies on the back?

P_102

Behind a 250Hp Hybrid Accord.

SUV's make me sick. I love the Cayenne and the FX45 design and engineering wise, but I would never buy one without offsetting my purchase somehow, like giving money to the green energy coalition or providing education on nuclear energy to the masses.

R35

P_102

Jun 7, 2005
Not to worry, Rock.

I drive a shortbed pickup w/ a V6, last I checked I got almost 23 mpg on the highway. It's about the least I can have and still tow my (smaller) boat.

I have to admit to a fondness for good SUV's though. Being a hunter and fisherman along w/ golf, the room comes in handy.

P_102

🔥 Latest posts