• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Funniest Look on Guys Face

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
Ok, wanted to tell a story, but it is a little longer:

I went to play some golf in turkey in the beginning of this year. But I had the yanks. Either I hit a really good shot, or I shanked the ball...Really frustrating. So normally I play off the back tees but the swing really felt off, so I decided to play the regular tees.
At the course I played you were always put together with other people to fill the flight and I decided (this time) to tell them (why do they always have to ask this) my handicap was 15 (I just didn't want to tell them my hcp was 2, and then shank 10 balls in a row). They were a really nice English couple, really good humor and really nice to golf with - had a great time.

Anyway, well what happened was Murphy: I did not shank one ball, but played really good golf on a rather difficult course (horrible greens). I was at 3 over at the 18th par 4 and hit a wonderful 300y drive down the middle of the fairway, left me with a 80y pitch. The English guy comes up to me (still thinking I had hcp 15) and said, "okey, if I get you on the tour I get 15%" which I replied with "if you get ME on the tour, you get 25%", laughed a little, did my preshot routie, hit my ball, went 2 yards behind the whole and spinned right bak into the cup...The look on his face, was legendary....

p.s. before anyone starts arguing that a hcp 2 cannot make the tour, i know that, it was him who started it...most golfers don't know the huge difference between scratch golfers and pro:s.....

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
If you can hole out from 80 yards a little more often, you'll fit right in on tour. That's an awesome story.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
That had to be one of your best days in golf relative to pure enjoyment.

OP
papperlapub

papperlapub

Swedish Golfer
Jul 31, 2006
It was definitely one of the funniest days in golf. Especially, before the first tee, i just prayed (and im not religious) "please dont embarrass yourself too much.....

it was the second time i holed out from 80 yards, so its not that often....

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
papperlapub. that was one funny story. Thanks for sharing it. :)

295yards

May 5, 2009
I always lie about my handicap when golfing with new golfers. I say I play to roughly a bogey per hole, kind of takes the pressure off everyone.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online