• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Funniest response to graman/geek

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Walked into the shop today with my Graman UL 440. Just to get it cut. Didn't have the proper saw here, so I took a trip to the shop. As I was walking out, a guy asked me, "what are you building with that!?". Emphasis on the that part, as to its lime-green color, you could tell he's never seen one before. I told him a geek dot com this...and he said, a...what!?, so I told him again. Geek. Thought for a little while, and asked me again. Then he called the guy who owns the place over and the owner knew that Geek and Bang were both in the long drive category but had never seen a Geek head in person. Neither of them knew about Graman shafts either. Little surprised to say the least, as he's a club builder in the area. :faintthud

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Walked into the shop today with my Graman UL 440. Just to get it cut. Didn't have the proper saw here, so I took a trip to the shop. As I was walking out, a guy asked me, "what are you building with that!?". Emphasis on the that part, as to its lime-green color, you could tell he's never seen one before. I told him a geek dot com this...and he said, a...what!?, so I told him again. Geek. Thought for a little while, and asked me again. Then he called the guy who owns the place over and the owner knew that Geek and Bang were both in the long drive category but had never seen a Geek head in person. Neither of them knew about Graman shafts either. Little surprised to say the least, as he's a club builder in the area. :faintthud

Doesnt surprise me at all. You should have told him that that GEEK head set a LD world record of 551 yards in 2007, and that Graman shafts have won a lot of LD comps themselves.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Whenever I have my j33r with a ul540 in the bag I get a lot of "What the hell is that???"

OP
K

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I didn't think to tell them any of the facts. I will next time I'm in there. With the 2 times I've been there he's been nothing but nice.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Being the ho that I am, I'm ever on the lookout for a new shaft to try. How does the UL540 compare to shafts like these:

Graf Comp NT (65g)
Proforce V2 (67g)
BB Solutions

All R-Flex.

Would I be wasting my time with a UL540? Would it be too stout for my 90-94mph smooth swing?

I can't hit a PL Red, or a Proto VS.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I just love my 3 wood with the Graman shaft. Also get alot of looks when I whip it out (the 3 wood..........LOL). Shaft feels so nice and smooth, and feels so good when you make contact with the ball.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online