• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

G-10's

shank

Jan 16, 2008
New G-10’s in the house!

Well I stepped off the deep end and shelled out some hard earned cash on the new G-10 iron set. I picked them up this afternoon and went and hit them immediately. The results are pleasing to say the least. The short irons are much longer yardage then my old Big Berthas. I’ve never been able to hit a wedge 90-100 yards with accuracy like this…WOW.
The long irons are crisp and straight as an arrow. Very easy to hit the 4 iron and the 5 is like butter.
I made the switch from graphite to the PING AWT steel shafts on these with the Cushion system installed at the factory. I also had the wrap grips put on them.
These are the first clubs I’ve ever had that were fitted. I did a static and partial dynamic fitting to look how the ball was coming off the face. I found that I needed 1.5 upright adjustment, yellow dot on the PING system.
I’ll report back after a few rounds, but so far I am really happy. I hit all the clubs before heading back to home to report to the wife that I “lost” $750.00 this week. Just wait until I get fitted for a new driver!

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Don't get fitted for a new G10 driver! You will then get fitted for a 3 wood then maybe even a 5 wood... If not a hybrid... You will end up changing the whole set to Ping! I can then imagine what your wife will say... hehe.

OP
S

shank

Jan 16, 2008
Your signature line speaks well for that !

The G driver looks real nice. I was not able to hit it during the demo day because I was too nervous. Being fairly new to golf I didn't want to smash a 250.00 driver into the ground in front of a bunch of folks :shocked:

I really believe in this fitting thing. I am amazed at how well these things hit. I am almost sure it's not all the new sticks, but most of the corrected ball flight was the fitting to my swing.

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Your signature line speaks well for that !

The G driver looks real nice. I was not able to hit it during the demo day because I was too nervous. Being fairly new to golf I didn't want to smash a 250.00 driver into the ground in front of a bunch of folks :shocked:

I really believe in this fitting thing. I am amazed at how well these things hit. I am almost sure it's not all the new sticks, but most of the corrected ball flight was the fitting to my swing.

Haha... Bingo!!! I went to change the driver then ended up changing the whole woods as well. Got rid of my 907D2, 906F2 and 585H. My score has improved drastically ever since. G10 driver and fairway woods are very long and accurate. It's either the Ping woods that improved my score or my swing has tremendously improved in the last month or so... But G10 driver won't disappoint you.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I'd love to go get "fitted" for a driver... where the heck can you do this? And I don't mean golfsmith, I mean by someone who actually knows what they are doing.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I just placed my order for a new set of G10's (green dot) this morning............with steel shaft, R flex. I hit my G5's good, but tried a buddy's G10's, and there is a definite difference.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The Ping fitters are trained unlike most fitters in the stores. :)

And great pickup on the G10 irons!! Sounds like many in here are beginning to "see the light"... :D

I haven't hit the G10 driver because then I'll have to buy it. The only reason. :)

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Great pick up, Shank! Welcome to the PING family. Over the last year my bag has become almost all PING and I'm loving it.

otakueric

shottalk newbie :)
Apr 13, 2008
agreed, demo'd a g10 today and it didn't feel as soft as the s9, but it went further surprisingly

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
I hear S57 will be released soon... and then the new Rapture... Any new putters or wedges in the pipeline?

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I hear S57 will be released soon... and then the new Rapture... Any new putters or wedges in the pipeline?

PING's usual release in the fall and the rumormill on golfwrx has the s57 being released fall '08.

If they stay on a two year cycle then the Raptures would also be do for an update this year but I haven't heard/read any rumors regarding them.

As for the putters, they just released two new lines last year; i-series and Karsten series. I wouldn't expect too much before fall '09.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.