• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

G400 Max Driver

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I returned the G400 SFT demo club and took out the G400 Max today. 10.5 * loft, Soft Regular Alta CB shaft. I usually don't fall for the hype, but this club could be where driver ho-ing goes to die. Fairwaysplitter has been singing it's praises and I was secretly rolling my eyes (sorry Nick), but this is possibly the best driver PING ever produced in sound, feel, trajectory, forgiveness and distance. Before I buy, I'd like to try one in R flex just to be sure.......or I could get 2 shafts! The G410 comes out in January - I cannot imagine how it could be an improvement, but it will drop the price on the G400 Max. I think I'll return it when they call me and threaten to bill me for it.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Gotta laugh that you don't even own it (yet) but it is already in your signature! Brilliant.

Yip, I got the same giddy feel after trying it. The pro told me about the G410, I just heard blah blah blah.

It's interesting, I played recently with an equipment tester/reviewer. He said that the old M2 is still the best driver from the TM range in the last 4-5 years. A lot of the pros still carry it. I think the G400 Max will be in the same legendary status.

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
Gotta laugh that you don't even own it (yet) but it is already in your signature! Brilliant.

Yip, I got the same giddy feel after trying it. The pro told me about the G410, I just heard blah blah blah.

It's interesting, I played recently with an equipment tester/reviewer. He said that the old M2 is still the best driver from the TM range in the last 4-5 years. A lot of the pros still carry it. I think the G400 Max will be in the same legendary status.
Gotta laugh at my antics always! My signature reflects the bag, not ownership.;)

I just finished another 18 with it and another coming tomorrow. It is very straight and forgiving. As long as anything else I have hit. Good unit!

OP
PaPaD

PaPaD

Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Country
So the G400 Max has to be returned tomorrow. I will have a used TM M2 in the bag for a few rounds. Stay tuned.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
I returned the G400 SFT demo club and took out the G400 Max today. 10.5 * loft, Soft Regular Alta CB shaft. I usually don't fall for the hype, but this club could be where driver ho-ing goes to die. Fairwaysplitter has been singing it's praises and I was secretly rolling my eyes (sorry Nick), but this is possibly the best driver PING ever produced in sound, feel, trajectory, forgiveness and distance. Before I buy, I'd like to try one in R flex just to be sure.......or I could get 2 shafts! The G410 comes out in January - I cannot imagine how it could be an improvement, but it will drop the price on the G400 Max. I think I'll return it when they call me and threaten to bill me for it.

Told ya!

Buy it. Put it in the bag. Be happy.

randman

Oct 8, 2018
Country
Following!this seems like a very interesting thread
o.png

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I returned the G400 SFT demo club and took out the G400 Max today.
For some time was really kicking myself for letting the golf shop talk me into the G400 SFT. Thought the Max would be more forgiving and would save me a bunch of strokes. This past couple of weeks, the G400 and I are finally best buds!!!! I finally got the weighting correct to offset when I shortened the shaft. I've gone the past two rounds without missing ONE fairway! And, in most cases I'm not hitting this G400 longer than anyone in the group is driving the ball. By Spring, may be back looking for a used G400 Max. Right now... I'll certainly stick with the smaller G400.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So I phoned the pro today to get a fitting for the G400 Max. He said "Whoa Soldier, hold on!"
Apparently, the G410 is coming out in early 2019 and that by all accounts it is worth waiting for. Ping are super excited about this model (hmmm). I guess I'm in no rush, but I'd like to hit both on a monitor before buying.

I'll write myself an IOU for then and soldier on wih the M2 for now.

🔥 Latest posts