• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

G5 w/comp NT

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
i've been playing this driver for about 3 weeks now. it has a 9deg face that sets up nice and square and the grafalloy comp nt stiff flex. its taken some time to get used to the light weight of this combination because i am used to using heavier shafts.

overall i have been pretty happy with this combo. i have always been more of a low-med trajectory hitter with not much carry and lots of roll but this driver has fixed all that. my typical ball flight now is med-high with alot more carry. i figure that i am carrying it about 280-290 now but have not been able to determine how much roll due to all the rain we have been getting.

i really feel the shaft and the firmer tip has been very benificial to controlling the out of control high draws shots i had with other 460 cc drivers. i find that this combo allows me to work the ball left or right, high or low with the correct setup.

for now, i am very happy with this driver for me. i am not saying it is for everyone but it is suiting my needs. i am sure sooner or later i will probably have a box headed driver in the bag :p

OP
S

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
my swing speed ave-114

the distance has been pretty consistent with normal swings. i have really went after a couple and stretched out 20+ more yards and didn't even lose them left which was typical of my old drivers when i would overswing.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
114? I thought Ping didn't offer drivers for anyone who swung over 70. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hahaha, you'd best amazed how fast I can run when I'm scared ****less.

OP
S

Strider

Mar 16, 2005
114? I thought Ping didn't offer drivers for anyone who swung over 70. :D

i don't think my swing speed is up to my 2 friends here, but they both had g5's this summer and crushed the faces in on both of them. i am not talking about cracking them either, they were literally smashed in. i think they both swing in the 120s pretty easily so i hope i should be OK.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Hopefully, keep us updated, if it does get smashed, post pics!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I was serious, same interests, same sense of humour, and you are already friends.

See, this is what I get for being a humanitarian.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
I was serious, same interests, same sense of humour, and you are already friends.

See, this is what I get for being a humanitarian.

LOL........WBL is protective of RAZOR.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Well, when we were teammates on our city beer league softball team that won four straight city championships he was the guy that poked them over the fence and I pitched the shutouts. We kicked some butt back in those days....:)

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, when we were teammates on our city beer league softball team that won four straight city championships he was the guy that poked them over the fence and I pitched the shutouts. We kicked some butt back in those days....:)

Come on Warbird! You're just asking for it!

Kind of cool on the winning streak though.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.