• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GA shotalkers

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Haven't played there, but have stayed there. Nice place. Whatshisname Panoz is the owner, the guy that makes those funky looking Panoz cars, and owns Road Atlanta. Useless bit of trivia for no particular reason.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
It's all very nice there.. Kinda spaced out, but very nice.. Have fun with it and let us know how it was!

If your in that area, and heading back north through Georgia, for a cheap little 18, hit Whitepath Golf, in East Ellijay.

Super nice people, and an AMAZING view all over the front 9. It's like looking out, and tee'n off into the mountains.

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
I am looking forward to it......looks like a nice little challenge. I am playing well just not enough....having trouble with rounds plaqued by the big numbers. Yesterday, shot 82, with a double, triple and quad all on par 4's. Made a few birdies and really hit the ball well.....just got to get some more time on the course.

Jason

OP
SCGolfer

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Played the Woodlands course yesterday morning. 6355 from the green tees with a 71.1/132 rating. It was a bit damp and overcast at 7 in the morning but we didnt' get wet. I was worried about the long par 5 start but hit three good shots and got out with a par. I think the next hole was harder 189 yard par 3 that was a downhill carry over water. It was a tough shot. Non the less drove the ball awful only hitting 5 fairways all day but got out 42-43 for an 85. Hit some great shots in bad spots and some terrible shots from the middle of the fairway.

All in all the course is very nice. Has some beautiful scenery and huge houses. The course itself is pretty wide open most of the way but does get tight on some holes. Has a good mix of short and long, hard and easy. The thing that messed with me the most was how big the greens were. Some of them if the pin was in the back you had to hit an extra club to get to it. I had some very long putts for birdie. The greens looked fairly flat but had some movement to them, missed a few putts I thought were pretty good. 85 was a decent day for how I hit the ball but another trip around this place and I could easily find 5 or 6 shots.

I recommend the golf and the resort if you can check it out.

Jason

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
No Doug, he's talking about the Woodlands course at Chateau Elan (I've played it once). You're thinking about Woodlake on Hwy 138. Woodlake is one of the ones near my house.

Chateau Elan ain't cheap, but it's a real nice course.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online