• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Game is evolving at geometric rate.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
One of the biggest mental breakthroughs I have had with driving is actually teeing the ball lower. This actually helped level out my aggressive over the top swing.

Could you please explain how teeing the ball lower will cause you to not swing OTT?

Physics is just explaining this one...

Personally and OTT swing is an OTT swing no matter where the ball happens to be...

OP
S

shanker

Feb 11, 2008
based on my swing speed and the amount of spin i was generating(3200), my ball was getting way too high too fast and was essentially nose diving.
My instructor(who is a former tour golfsmith) moved the ball a few inches furthur back in my stance and teed it an inch lower. It made a world of difference for me.
This may not work for you or anyone else because we are all built/swing differently.
Nothing is textbook when it comes to golf swings regardless of what the magazines/shows and talking heads tells us. ;)

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
You guys really outta take calculus before you start making fun of this guy...

wikipedia said:
Exponential growth (including exponential decay) occurs when the growth rate of a mathematical function is proportional to the function's current value. In the case of a discrete domain of definition with equal intervals it is also called geometric growth or geometric decay (the function values form a geometric progression).

you're welcome...

OP
S

shanker

Feb 11, 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Exponential growth (including exponential decay) occurs when the growth rate of a mathematical function is proportional to the function's current value. In the case of a discrete domain of definition with equal intervals it is also called geometric growth or geometric decay (the function values form a geometric progression).

you're welcome...

Thanks man!! :)
I actually stole the quote from Terminator II when Arnold said the robots would go online and evolve at a geometric rate. LOL!

APowell1990

Jan 6, 2006
wow, from 150 yards I hit either a 9 or very easy cut 8 iron. I don't come close to hitting it 300 yards either. I'd say I probably average around 260 or 270

OP
S

shanker

Feb 11, 2008
I'd say 270 avg is pretty close to 300. that is a very good avg.
Like i said earlier, I can hit a 7 iron a mile but i'm only swinging about 75%. I could probably do the same thing with an 8 or a 9 but for some reason the 7 feels better to me. Maybe it is my cobra irons. My 8 & 9 have wedge-like loft on them. They go really high.

OP
S

shanker

Feb 11, 2008

you're welcome...
mike,
i doubt most people on here could tell you the difference between an integral and derivative. Must less spell calculus. As a CS major, I had cal 1-4. ;)

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
Calculus is over-rated.

The ancient Egyptians didn't know beans about calculus, and they built some pyramids that are still standing.

Guys who know calculus built the Tacoma Narrows bridge.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Are you scoring better? That's the question. Distance is cool but I'm more impressed by scoring low.

🔥 Latest posts