• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GAO Junior Golf

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Today I find myself at Shelburne Golf and Country Club, about 2 miles north of Shelburne Onatrio. I'm here following my boss' 16 year old son for the day. He's playing a GAO qualifier, and for me this sure beats working! I grew up around this area and he had no idea where Shelburne even was, so I got the call. He is set to tee off at 7:48, we left Kitchener at shortly after 5 this morning. After a stop at timmies and the washroom, we hit the road. Now with him on the range I've set up at the first tee waiting for the first group to start. Looks like some really good golfers are here today, should be a good day!
I will maybe post a few more updates as the day progresses. I'm excited!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well, he was +5 on the ninth tee and made a great putt for bird, sending him to the back at +4. He's on 16 tee still at +4

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well he finished with a 75, which was a very good score. Made 14 straight pars. Kind of boring he thought, but I thing great shooting. He was in the third group off and two 74's and a 73 had already been posted. Waiting was the worst!

He ended up just missing the cut, by just a few strokes. But we then learned it was an 18 and under tournament, no wonder these kids were huge!!

He played well, that's what he took home with him!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.