• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Gave a couple clubs away today.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Golf buddy at work just bought his 1st house & it's located next to Monona Golf course which is a 9 hole muni here in Madison, he is 27 & excited as all hell to finally get a house.

Anyhoo, he has this really crappy set of older Acuitys & the driver as well as the 3w lost their heads last year & he never bothered fixing them because they are such crappy clubs. He is a pretty good player though even with the junk. I brought an Adams Tight lies Driver as well as a Adams Tight lies 3w into work today & gave them to him. He is pretty excited about getting out on the course this year & his money situation will be a lot tighter now so I wanted to help him out.

Also he is getting married later this year & I am considering giving him the brand new set of MacGregor M455's I got from Rock. Would golf clubs be a good wedding present?

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Almost every wedding present is for her, really. Crock pots, dishes, silverware, curtains, comforters, blah blah blah - this is all crap a dude wouldn't bother getting for himself. So a set of irons for him would be by far the stand out gift in his mind. I think that would be a fantastic gift.

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Almost every wedding present is for her, really. Crock pots, dishes, silverware, curtains, comforters, blah blah blah - this is all crap a dude wouldn't bother getting for himself. So a set of irons for him would be by far the stand out gift in his mind. I think that would be a fantastic gift.

That's how I look at it, what guy actually wants a crock pot or salad shooter?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
A wedding present should be for both of them. A crock pot helps her cook him a nice meal. A set of clubs helps him get out of the house for the time in takes her to cook the meal.

Works for me!

OP
Wi-Golfer

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
For that matter, what guy even knows what a salad shooter is? I sure don't. :)

They came out something like 20 yrs ago, were stupid then & are still a lousy product.

SaladShooter Product Information
02910.jpg

jmac07

Jul 12, 2006
wedding presant

put on a disclaimer that states you are not responsible for any relationship problems due to his golf obsession.:laugh:

🔥 Latest posts