• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GBB Epic review(s)

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I was at the range last night and the pro was in the bay beside me. We got chatting and it turns out he is a Callaway dude. Anyways he let me hit his driver and fairway.

Driver - GBB Epic - set to 12 degrees with a Project-X-hzrdus-yellow X-flex
I don't have the SS for this, but nonetheless, I hit it well. It is for players with a smooth transition, and that's me. It felt very solid, probably flew a little low for me. Set-up looked lovely. I'd be happy gaming this in stiff.

3 wood - GBB Epic Fairway Wood 15 degrees with 2 shafts. The first was a Aldila Rogue Max 85.
It felt quite heavy and after a few hits he swapped it out for a Project-X-hzrdus-yellow S-flex in 65g. This was more like it (I guess I like a lighter shaft). Hit this well, a different feel than the M2, but nice flight. Again I'd be happy gaming this. A nice looking club that delivers.

He then hit my 2017 M2 3 wood. He hadn't hit the newer model before and was surprised. He killed three shots in a row.

My takeaway is I'm happy with the M2 but would easily transition to the Callaway. I'd love to see the numbers, but my guess there would be little in it.

Last edited:

one_chip_short

Misplaced Texan
Supporting Member
Feb 15, 2017
Glendale, Az
Country
United States United States
Epic is getting good reviews ... but at $499 I have to wait ... its not worth a few extra yards (an assumption on my part), especially since I am not a long ball hitter to start with.

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
It is Epic and has Jailbreak Technology!

There will be nothing earth shattering as long as the COR rule is .83

🔥 Latest posts