• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

GEEEE-10! Yes, Ping has a winner!

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
There's a brand new one on Craigslist here for $160. I wonder if it's a fake ( he's says it's genuine, but what else is someone going to say? ).

nobogies

Sep 26, 2008
Ping G10 Review

Recently tried it on the range and played a great round with the G10. It went in my bag after the test replacing a Taylormade R7. The standard shaft on the G10 was 1/2 inch shorter than the Taylormade and I was still hitting it a bit further, guess about 3-4 yards. I have since changed the shaft, increasing the length to 46.25" and it is a bomb. I played the G5 for awhile and think the G10 is a huge improvement. I played some good rounds with the R7, but believe the G10 is a bit more forgiving, especially on those high toe hits.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
You shouldn't have let him hit it. After he buys one, he'll be hitting it 30 yards past you again.

:D

SiberianDVM
He bought one (only 9º) and is MORE then 30 yards past me (again)... :(

He's very long but he bought it with the Ping regular flex shaft after hitting mine. I guess that says alot about the shaft. It's very good. :)

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Played with a friend who always outdrove me by 30 yards. Last night I outdrove him every hole by 10 or more yards. He hit my G10. He's buying one. :)
I had a social round the other day with a guy who had a G10 in the same configuration and shaft as you and on a couple of holes I hit it against my driver. I must say I was very impressed with the solid feel of the shaft, I was expecting it to be whippy. The ball exploded off the clubface and even though I was trying to bust it it still went dead straight. Great high trajectory and good distance. I hit my driver well and am not in the market for something new, but head to head against the G10 I would have to say the G10 is at least a match for mine.

As for stats, I got almost identical distance, ball flight and direction on good hits with both drivers, but I felt the Ping may have been slightly more forgiving and I didn't hit one bad drive with it.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
So I have now played about 6 rounds with my G10. I was holding back to make sure I had a handle on it and had it dialed in.

I got a 10.5 with a Prolaunch Red stiff. I pretty much have hit most drivers at some point and I can usually tell quickly if a club suits my swing. The G10 suits my swing!!

It is probably no longer than the others, but straight and forgiving. It also feels wonderful to hit. I probably should have got a 9 degrees version, as I balloon it into the breeze a bit, but overall I am happy with it, so much so I am "shopping for a G10 3 wood".

Feel and sound - 9/10
Distance - 8/10
Accuracy - 9/10
Forgiveness - 9/10
Aesthetics / quality - 9/10

Unlike WBL I am not a "Pingite", but I would say the only way to tell is to give it a shot yourself. The shaft is a vital part of the final product. WBL bigs up the stock Ping shaft. Again I would have to give it a go myself.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.