• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Geek DCT 9* and Graman UL780 stiff

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I'm not even going to check because its gonna be LOTS.:laugh:

If you need Graman's in Australia, I can get a contact for you there. Let me know. It will cost you less to get one from him then it would be for me to sell you this one and ship it. Sounds stupid, but it's true.

R35

You're not joking. Just got a quote for shipping a driver to AUS fom a guy in Canada and he said $75. I nearly vomited. :laugh: Just looking for something thats stiffer in the tip than my V2 Stiff. I suppose i need the CPM's measured. Or is torque a good measure of tip stiffness?

Sorry to threadjack

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
No worries.

Torque is generally not a tip stiffness indicator. It can be, but not always.

The UL780 isn't necessarily tip stiff in terms of feel, but it stiffens up nice at impact/recovers well. And X flex 265cpm would be a great fit.

Here's that guy's e-mail. See if he can't get you lined up. Good guy.

[email protected]

R35

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
No worries.

Torque is generally not a tip stiffness indicator. It can be, but not always.

The UL780 isn't necessarily tip stiff in terms of feel, but it stiffens up nice at impact/recovers well. And X flex 265cpm would be a great fit.

Here's that guy's e-mail. See if he can't get you lined up. Good guy.

[email protected]

R35

Thanks Rock,

Will shoot him something shortly. I think Lyle (maybe?) told me that, generally speaking, a stiffer tip and stronger flex will help me fix a hook. Correct? Just want to make sure that i'm hoing the right thing for the right reason.:)

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Thanks Rock,

Will shoot him something shortly. I think Lyle (maybe?) told me that, generally speaking, a stiffer tip and stronger flex will help me fix a hook. Correct? Just want to make sure that i'm hoing the right thing for the right reason.:)

Generally speaking, yes. Something like a Grafalloy Blue S would be right up your league if you want to go up from the V2. The Graman is another good choice, as it's low torque, great feel and has a great dispersion.

Good luck,

R35

LeftyHoges

Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I'm not even going to check because its gonna be LOTS.:laugh:

If you need Graman's in Australia, I can get a contact for you there. Let me know. It will cost you less to get one from him then it would be for me to sell you this one and ship it. Sounds stupid, but it's true.

R35

Well as it turns out, you probably could get it to me for less. $250 shipped. Ouch:laugh:

Was worth a shot but I can't pony up that sort dough for a limey no matter how good they are. I could probably get a Creation for less...eventually.:)

Edit - Just received a call from the guy, seems like a really nice bloke. Spoke with him for 10 minutes or so and he can do the UL680 or 580 for around $160. Not too bad. Said he plays the UL680, and he's heading off to Sydney on Thursday for the National Long Drive Comp. Can't get a much better endorsement than that.

Now I just have to weigh up if my golf game is worth $160 :)

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Geek officially sold.

UL780 still available.

R35

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
UL780 is sold!

Thanks to all those that showed interest.

R35

Status
Not open for further replies.

🔥 Latest posts