• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Geek squad??

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
We have our cable, internet service, and land line phone all with the local cable company... Cox. Been customers of theirs for over 20 years. As they have tried to raise costs of the service it required calling in once/year to talk them back down. This past year, we had to call in twice to keep an affordable package cost. Now, they are denying any assistance at all. Either pay what we tell you to pay or go somewhere else.
My cart buddy is fuming. He called on his bill, asked for a supervisor. Once he got one, she told him the same thing... "You don't like our costs? Don't let the door hit you...."

I have AT&T cell service. Get ads a couple times/week for their Direct TV/Internet/phone. Low price guarantee for one year, with a two-year contract required. Figure up the two-year total cost and you don't save much.

Have been seeing some things re Roku, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. for tv service. But, we'd still need internet service. Are all you guys using cable? Or, have some transitioned to other options? What are those options and how are they working?

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Right now we have internet service through charter, which ends up being about $60/month. I have to have high speed internet at the house for my job if I want to work from home when needed.

We used to have extended basic cable, no hi-def, no packages, and it ended up being $150 or so after we used up all of our 'promotions'. Same as you I had to call yearly and bitch at people to get a better rate. We now have netflix, hulu, and amazon streaming which ends up being about $25/month total for the three(and amazon prime gets us other benefits as well).

Sports is what I really miss...but at about $85/month it's 99% of what we need for about 70% of the price.

I know some people that are paying close to $300/month for cable internet/tv/phone...craziness...but they're right. Don't like it, don't pay for it. Nobody is forcing you to use their services. Hopefully google can get their fiber services to enough people around the states that cable companies are going to have to adapt or close up shop.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.