• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

General Hockey Talk

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
The Stanley Cup champs TB Lightning visited the White House today and Biden called Gary Bettman (NHL Commissioner) "Batman" and all the players started cracking up. 😂

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
My team is in the playoffs starting next week. I think this will be my last season (again)... I just can't do this anymore.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
As every other fan up here in Leaf land, I’m going to hope for more than first round exit by our boys this year. The team is good, complete with a 60 goal scorer, the playoffs is just a different animal all together...

Tighten up your chins straps and check those cups lads, lets get after it!!!
Go Leafs Go

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
What is this "hokey" thing of which you speak? "Chin straps" and "cups"?? Is this something of a drinking game. They drink moonshine outta cups until they pass out while wearing helmets? Almost sounds like some sort of athletic event. Something recently invented that ain't gained much popularity yet??

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
As every other fan up here in Leaf land, I’m going to hope for more than first round exit by our boys this year. The team is good, complete with a 60 goal scorer, the playoffs is just a different animal all together...

Tighten up your chins straps and check those cups lads, lets get after it!!!
Go Leafs Go
1651505842935.png

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
I mean, it's against the Caps... notorious for winning the conference and tanking in the first round, so the Leafs should be okay until they run into the Panthers in round two (according to my bracket)

1651524563450.png

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Florida is the obvious favourite out of the East with their moves at trade deadline, they almost have to be. Still wouldn’t bet against the defending champs, Carolina was another good team all year. My buds are in it deep to win the conference, thankfully a few of these teams are eliminated as the playoffs progress.

Then you gotta face someone from the West. Colorado is the obvious powerhouse I think. Calgary also had a good year and Edmonton could go a long way too. A battle of Alberta in the playoffs would be amazing!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
My team is in the playoffs starting next week. I think this will be my last season (again)... I just can't do this anymore.
We won, on to the Championship next week. My dad talked his way into a Zamboni ride after the game (while wearing my old jersey)

Attachments

• Zamboni.jpg
    Zamboni.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 76
OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Bad news: I blocked a shot with the top of my foot. The only padding is the 1/4" tongue of the boot. I can barely walk today.

Good news: we won the championship and I can re-re-retire on a win.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
I wouldn't mind seeing my boys play hockey...but we would have to drive 40 minutes to get to any ice around here.

I'm too old to start that shit at this point.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
For yet another year the Leafs are going to a game 7 and playing for their playoff lives. The fourth year in a row now... being raised forty minutes from the city, having actually played on the ice at Maple Leaf Gardens. My love for this team runs pretty deep. This crap is getting old tho and it cannot be any good for my health!!

🔥 Latest posts