• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

General Hockey Talk

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Well, doesn’t look like the Edmonton Defense is going to support Mr. Smith in net this evening. Way too many open looks for the Avs.

Kind of reminds me of my first Varsity start in High School. I made 25 saves in the first period (12 minute periods) and we were losing 6-0. That is 2.58 shots on net per minute…I think I saw less action in practice.
To this day, my best friend reminds me of the year it was me and five rookies on D... he claims there were games he saw 100 shots! He’s full of it, cause I still have bruises from blocked shots, but I bet it sure felt it some games.

8-6 is not a hockey game, that’s baseball! Also ironic that I’m watching two of my really liked x-Leafs in Kadri and Hyman play in a conference final. Good for them both!

OP
TEA Time

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
The playoffs have been filled with ex-Coyotes so it's kinda like I'm watching my team win, right?

right?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Lightning have let up more goals in two periods vs the Rangers than they did the entire Florida Panthers Series.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Mike Smith with a stacked pad save! Bringing it back to the 80’s.

Lot of action early in this one….McDavid scoring 38 seconds in. Kane getting a 5 minute major in the second minute of play. MIke Smith stopping everything coming his way,

Last edited:

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Oilers down 3-0, Ouch!! That’s going to be a miracle comeback, considering their opponent.
They are done like dinner. Watched their first power play last night and The Avs got more quality chances shorthanded than the Oilers did a man up. Mike Smith was a wall last night and they could not play in front of him. Unless the Avs let off the gas, Oilers are going to get swept.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
They are done like dinner. Watched their first power play last night and The Avs got more quality chances shorthanded than the Oilers did a man up. Mike Smith was a wall last night and they could not play in front of him. Unless the Avs let off the gas, Oilers are going to get swept.
Unfortunately Canada’s last hope in this years playoffs is toast!! When McDavid scored under a minute in, I thought the Oilers might have been mounting a bit of..., well something on home ice. But even with Mike Smith standing on his damn head. It just wasn’t meant to be.

Evander Kane’s hit on Kadri was down right scary! Inevitably the young man’s stupidity came through, can’t believe it only got 1 game!! Competitive fire or not, it was a dirty play! Something tells me Kadri woulda been handed a much stiffer penalty had roles been reversed!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Evander Kane’s hit on Kadri was down right scary! Inevitably the young man’s stupidity came through, can’t believe it only got 1 game!! Competitive fire or not, it was a dirty play! Something tells me Kadri woulda been handed a much stiffer penalty had roles been reversed!
Kadri has a history and a rep, of course he would have gotten more of a suspension. Thats the way NHL Player Safety works, repeat offenders get stiffer penalties.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Kadri has a history and a rep, of course he would have gotten more of a suspension. Thats the way NHL Player Safety works, repeat offenders get stiffer penalties.
Does Kane not have a few hearings under his belt as well? I’m talking for on ice stuff, I could be wrong...

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Does Kane not have a few hearings under his belt as well? I’m talking for on ice stuff, I could be wrong...
I think Kane’s issues were with team mates and being a cancer in the club house. Probably has had a run in to two with player safety, but I do not recall anything big.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Guess the stage is set now for the final show down. This actually look like it could be a really could series. I still think Colorado takes it.

🔥 Latest posts