• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Get this...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So I'm at work Tuesday night, get a call from my wife in a panic. She recieved 3 letters from the State of Vermont stating that her license was being suspended effective December 29th. The reason, operating without the owers consent-which carries an automatic 10 pts on your license! Now, we have 2 vehicles in our household and I can't remember the last time she or I drove another vehicle. Anyway, it was to late to get ahold of the DMV to find out exactly what was going on so she called a friend who is a Sheriff's deputy. He did some checking around and found out what the problem was.

Now keep in mind my wife is a 30 yr old white redhead with blue eyes and typical pale white skin of a redhead-you know the kind that doesn't tan only burns! Anyway, what happened was that a 22yr old black girl stole a car and totaled it (obviously without the owners consent). This also happened in a town that is about an hour and a half south of us.

So, after several frantic calls to the PD her friend had her just go directly to the DMV who couldn't do a thing, she had to call the main DMV in the state Capitol. Once she did they realized their mistake immediately and got it all corrected. The person who commited the crime had the same first name and same last name as my wife's maiden name with a different middle initial. Complete SNAFU by either the arresting officer or the clerk who prepared the court docs and suspension notice.

So I guess all is well that ends well, but it gave us a scare for a night or two!

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
All's well that ends well. Glad it worked out for. Happy holidays.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Hahaha.

"So you're suspending my license because a young black woman 90 miles away totaled a car without the owner's consent? Makes perfect sense to me. Guilty as charged!"

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Lol, that is about the craziest thing I've heard of since I was arrested in Missouri for a ticket I supposedly got in Alabama in a pickup truck I never owned or drove.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
I got a notification note from the STT department in Australia about a ticket which I was pending on paying. I was absolutely astonished since I didn't even own a car in Sydney!!! I went to the office to search for the case. It appeared there was an Australian woman named Melany who had been stopped going wrong way in a one way road in Brisbane in Queensland (I lived in Sydney, NSW, and never stepped my foot on Brisbane). After pointing out to the officer that I was obviously not a woman, had never been to Brisbane, didn't even owned a car, and most important of all, I didn't held an Australian driver license so there was NO WAY I could have gotten an infraction on my License number if I didn't owned one!!!! The worst thing is I had to pay for the infraction and go through all the paper work to prove I was not the Australian Woman Living in Queensland who had gotten the ticket. I got a refund on my money three months later, but I still can't believe I had to provide evidence on not being the person holding the license.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Wild.

I'm really surprised you don't hear about this kind of stuff more often with some of the people that work at the DMV.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Please remember this when talking about allowing the government to control health care. Just sayin'....

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Please remember this when talking about allowing the government to control health care. Just sayin'....

Yeah, I'm with ya on that one. Although working for a huge multi national corporation like CitiGroup is not much better. I believe there is equally as much red tape and BS that goes on there, have you ever seen the movie "Office Space?" That pretty much sums up any large or medium size corporate office.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hahaha.

"So you're suspending my license because a young black woman 90 miles away totaled a car without the owner's consent? Makes perfect sense to me. Guilty as charged!"

Not only did she total it, she stole it. I can laugh now but my wife was freakin' out. The state was going to make her send her license to the DMV and they would hold it until she got it back. She was going to have to get SR-22 insurance on her license when she did get it back, just a huge mess.

Apparently what happened was that the woman who stole the car is named Jessica L. Rose. My wife, her maiden name was Jessica A. Rose. Now we have been married for 6 years and she hasn't used Rose in at least that amount of time. Just a big SNAFU... oh and when she got the letters, she pulled her license out to see if they had the right license #- it had expired on her birthday back in October! LOL!

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I prefer the swingline stapler, and if I don't get it, I'm going to burn the building down.

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Wow Clug. I thought you had more respect for the rules. Just sayin'....

I didn't feel like mine was a political statement, but I digress. You sure get your panties in a twist quicker now that you are working for the senator, Jeffery. I hope it isn't getting to you....

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I didn't feel like mine was a political statement, but I digress. You sure get your panties in a twist quicker now that you are working for the senator, Jeffery. I hope it isn't getting to you....

Oh c'mon Clug. How is talking about legislation in Congress and relevant thoughts to it not political?

And yeah I'm on a shorter leash with this stuff, partially because ST has a no politics rule and I love it.

🔥 Latest posts