• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Getting on at Pine Valley

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I grew up with a nearby family that had three boys - one my age, one two years older and one three years younger.

The oldest one moved to New Jersey after graduating from college with a degree in Chemistry. He worked for Union Carbide corp.

The younger two stayed here. I have played golf with both of them for almost 40 years. We have been in the same 'traveling group' since we founded it in 1984.

The oldest one married well - an old New Jersey family.

His father in law is a member at Pine Valley. One time about 7-8 years ago, I came within an eyelash of getting on there. The travel details just did not work out. HIs middle brother (the one my age) played with him and Worshipped the course. He talked about it for months...

So this Saturday, he is coming here for his brother's birthday. He lives in Michigan now and is moving back to New Jersey. I haven't seen him in 10 years or so because he was living in Korea. We are playing Saturday morning at 9:00. We are going to be talking about the Scotland trip...

Any ideas on how I motivate him to get me on at Pine Valley with the old man?

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Pay him......or threaten to club him within an inch of his life if he doesn't make the call in the next 10 seconds.

I'd probably take the latter option.
:D

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Bravo said:
Any ideas on how I motivate him to get me on at Pine Valley with the old man?

Offer to buy him the best cannoli he's every had. I know a place... ;)

OP
Bravo

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
What sort of sexual favors would you suggest? Maybe I could hire a high priced hooker who would work him over for an evening...

Farquod

Short Game Tragedy
Mar 8, 2005
Bravo said:
What sort of sexual favors would you suggest? Maybe I could hire a high priced hooker who would work him over for an evening...

Now, you know that's an individual thing....

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
The other two brothers must have something on him that could be used for motivation. Pictures, stories, there has to be something in his past that he wouldn't want his well to do inlaws to know about.

Find out what that is and your in. :p

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.