• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Giants won...but I dont think it matters

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
The goofy thing is over the years the AFC/NFC playoffs seem to show who is best and deserving to go to the big game and when it comes time for the Super Bowl one team always blows out the other like the other got there by pure luck. Close games are few and far between in the Super Bowl. I hope the Giants can change that "trend".... :)

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
I think the Pats will key on Plaxico, so Toomer will have to have a great game in order for the Giants to win. He's the key. If Grant and also Cowboys backs couldn't run the ball against the Giants, Maroney won't either. If the Giants pound the ball on those aging LBs of the Pats, they'll be done for by the 3rd quarter. Giants Defensive co-ordinator is good at coming up with a plan. :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm betting brother Peyton is going to have a long chat with Ely on how to play the Pats. This could be a huge plus for the Giants if it happens. And what's with Brady wearing a boot on his right foot? Hmmmmm... the plot thickens.... :)

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
We still have the same temperatures here that they had in the Packers/Giants game and also got dumped on with more snow. I was out last night blowing it with my lined leather coat on, face mask and heavy gloves and could only go five minutes before my hands were so cold they hurt and I couldn't move my fingers. I mean they wouldn't bend!! Went in and got warm. Came out again and same thing. Five minutes max. :(

How those guys could play in that and throw a football and go with bare arms is beyond me. Brutal. :(

Bubble Head

Oct 14, 2006
We still have the same temperatures here that they had in the Packers/Giants game and also got dumped on with more snow. I was out last night blowing it with my lined leather coat on, face mask and heavy gloves and could only go five minutes before my hands were so cold they hurt and I couldn't move my fingers. I mean they wouldn't bend!! :(

How those guys could play in that and throw a football and go with bare arms is beyond me. Brutal. :(

Tell me again why someone would live in Wisconsin?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I think the Pats will key on Plaxico, so Toomer will have to have a great game in order for the Giants to win. He's the key. If Grant and also Cowboys backs couldn't run the ball against the Giants, Maroney won't either. If the Giants pound the ball on those aging LBs of the Pats, they'll be done for by the 3rd quarter. Giants Defensive co-ordinator is good at coming up with a plan. :)

It's going to be like 80 degrees and indoors, Brady will be throwing missiles, all the Giants can hope for is for him to have a bad day or it's over. The front 4 of the Giants need to play some really inspired football to even give Eli and Jacobs/Bradshaw a chance

Coach

Krusher
Jul 19, 2006
Giants fan.

Ladies, Gentlemen, Children of all ages...Listen up and listen up good.
There is no "One solution" to beating the Pats. We are going to win this game by out Belichicking the Belicheats. All facets of the game will matter.
A complete game is needed here. Let 'em key on Plaxico, and we run 'em. Let 'em bring 8 in to the box, and Eli will pick them apart. Blitz us and we screen 'em with Bradshaw. The Pats defense is no where near as potent as their offense. Our defense is better. Though Pats red zone defense has been impressive.
Anyway, remember the first impossible situation Gmen faced in the 1990 game against the perennial AFC champion Bills? We Belichicked 'em. Gave them the underneath all day, played ball control with a potent possesion offense -- Anderson, Hostetler, Baker the 'touchdown maker' and very good offensive line play. Yes, wide right won the game for us but we were in position to win all game. Especially after scoring near the end of the first half. And coming out in the second half to hold the ball for almost the entire 3rd quarter.
No one stops Brady's offense completely. The Giants will adjust having seen everything the Pats have in week 17. That film will be worn out by next week. Brady was either sick or affected by rumored sprained ankle last week. He just was not himself--three picks, but they still won without being threatened. The Chargers has no offensive potentcy in that game, the Giants have an offense that can score.
The pressure is all on the Pats -- historical season aside--they have to beat a team they already beat, right? Have the Pats peaked already? Could you see the relief they showed after winning last week? They are not having fun, this is work for them, stress makes you play tight and aprehensive. Need to be loose. They definitely have the experience in this game with 21 who have SB experience vs. Giants having just Strahan and Toomer. But a good two to have. I'll have more later....
Coach

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
Must be a time thing. I lived in upstate New York one winter and I was able to escape.

i have lived there for 40 yrs.dont know as i could leave here now.

just a little insight for yall SI`s Dr.Z picks 24-20 Giants.lets also not forget that huge blow out in week 17.(3 pts.):laugh:

this will be a better game then what everybody thinks it will.

sandwedge

Oct 19, 2006
Giants fan.

Ladies, Gentlemen, Children of all ages...Listen up and listen up good.
There is no "One solution" to beating the Pats. We are going to win this game by out Belichicking the Belicheats. All facets of the game will matter.
A complete game is needed here. Let 'em key on Plaxico, and we run 'em. Let 'em bring 8 in to the box, and Eli will pick them apart. Blitz us and we screen 'em with Bradshaw. The Pats defense is no where near as potent as their offense. Our defense is better. Though Pats red zone defense has been impressive.
Anyway, remember the first impossible situation Gmen faced in the 1990 game against the perennial AFC champion Bills? We Belichicked 'em. Gave them the underneath all day, played ball control with a potent possesion offense -- Anderson, Hostetler, Baker the 'touchdown maker' and very good offensive line play. Yes, wide right won the game for us but we were in position to win all game. Especially after scoring near the end of the first half. And coming out in the second half to hold the ball for almost the entire 3rd quarter.
No one stops Brady's offense completely. The Giants will adjust having seen everything the Pats have in week 17. That film will be worn out by next week. Brady was either sick or affected by rumored sprained ankle last week. He just was not himself--three picks, but they still won without being threatened. The Chargers has no offensive potentcy in that game, the Giants have an offense that can score.
The pressure is all on the Pats -- historical season aside--they have to beat a team they already beat, right? Have the Pats peaked already? Could you see the relief they showed after winning last week? They are not having fun, this is work for them, stress makes you play tight and aprehensive. Need to be loose. They definitely have the experience in this game with 21 who have SB experience vs. Giants having just Strahan and Toomer. But a good two to have. I'll have more later....
Coach

Amen Brother. Go G-Men!!!!

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I'm excited to see this game, and I would put my money on the pats to win, but...

How can you guys not WANT the pats to win? You don't want to be here to SEE the undefeated season? I don't understand how people can be cynical enough to hate a team as good as these guys are. It's like hating Tiger Woods because he's that damn good. I'm not a team guy at all... I have no favorite teams. I like watching good sport. I like watching Tiger because he's the best, I like watching the Pats because they're the best, I like watching UNC because they're close to, if not the best. I own no team gear.

That being said, I'd love to see the second undefeated team EVER. The 72 Dolphins DO need to STFU. Why is it so bad to be in a PAIR of the ONLY teams to ever go undefeated, and the other member being the 07-08 Patriots, who broke every team record ever set? Yeah, lousy company...

🔥 Latest posts