• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Global Golf Rocks!!!

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Yeah, watching him play can be entertaining, but I enjoyed pulling against him Sunday.

Ironic (to me) that the 1st tournament he's got any shot at winning is won by Nike's #2 player.

The only thing I like about Sabbatini is when he pops off on Tiger, then shoots 74 to Tigers 65...now thats priceless.

Hmbre97

Jan 10, 2008
Woot, got my driver today but the headcover wasn't in the box :(. Oh well, I have confidence they will make good on it :)

Edit: On a good note, it was a 4 star club but looks like it's been hit maybe 20 times. Couldn't be happier with it!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I see so much stuff on GG that I would love to have but I:

A) Can't stand UPS

&

B) hate paying for shipping charges, then getting fleeced by duties afterwards.

UPS sucks. And that's unfortunate for us Canucks. :(

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I see so much stuff on GG that I would love to have but I:

A) Can't stand UPS

&

B) hate paying for shipping charges, then getting fleeced by duties afterwards.

UPS sucks. And that's unfortunate for us Canucks. :(

R35

Tell me about it. At least GG will back their stuff shipped by UPS. UPS is just awful and I'm about ready to flat our refuse to purchase anything from anyone who uses them. Looks like I may get screwed on 2 dozen Prov1x's I bought, UPS says they left them on the porch, I never got them. If the seller doesn't make good for me I'll be winning about $20K in balls next week.
icon10.gif

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Tell me about it. At least GG will back their stuff shipped by UPS. UPS is just awful and I'm about ready to flat our refuse to purchase anything from anyone who uses them. Looks like I may get screwed on 2 dozen Prov1x's I bought, UPS says they left them on the porch, I never got them. If the seller doesn't make good for me I'll be winning about $20K in balls next week.
icon10.gif

It's THE sole reason that I have walked away from at least a half dozen clubs this offseason from GG.

I will not use UPS, they are just that bad.

R35

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Yeah, they never cease to amaze me. Can't really break a golf ball but they still figured out some way to feck me I guess.

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
Woot, got my driver today but the headcover wasn't in the box :(. Oh well, I have confidence they will make good on it :)

Edit: On a good note, it was a 4 star club but looks like it's been hit maybe 20 times. Couldn't be happier with it!

unless it's new they dont come with headcovers...

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
The hatred towards UPS really baffles me since I have never been anything less than impressed with their service. Literally I have had hundreds of items delivered by them over the years, everything from motorcycle parts to golf clubs & not once has a package been lost, stolen, damaged, etc.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
The hatred towards UP really baffles me since I have never been anything less than impressed with their service. Literally I have had hundreds of items delivered by them over the years, everything from motorcycle parts to golf clubs & not once has a package been lost, stolen, damaged, etc.

Could be the guys in your area just take a little more care and pride. It's not like my hatred is unwarranted. They've snapped clubs and I've had multiple items I just never received at all. To me that's simply not getting the job done. If I show up at a customers house and we broke or lost all their stuff, I'd not expect them to be satisfied, tip us, recommend us or ever consider using us should they move again, right?

Hmbre97

Jan 10, 2008
unless it's new they dont come with headcovers...

They have used clubs on their website that come with headcovers. Heck, look at the first post of this thread. It was a used club (albeit a 5 star) but it came with a headcover. Mine was marked as having a headcover. No worries though, I'm confident a phone call tomorrow will resolve the issue.

On the issue of shipping carriers, I've had pretty good luck with UPS (knock on wood) but FedEx seems to be THE worst around here. I've had multiple items never show up or have damage that was clearly done in transit. Our last run in was an order my wife placed for some stuff for our dogs right before Christmas. It was marked as delivered per the tracking number but really wasn't. A few phone calls to FedEx got us nowhere. 4 days later, it magically appeared on our door step.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
You're right, Ez. Have you considered calling UPS corporate offices? Tell them you're calling in reference to a particular event, but that you'd like to cite MANY instances where UPS has destroyed or misplaced an item, and you would like fair compensation.

Also; what idiot leaves a box in plain sight on a porch? Brown can kiss my ass if that's their definition of a safe delivery. They ought to tape a note to your door telling you an approximate time tomorrow they will deliver the package, and not leave it stranded. If somebody knows you're an avid golfer, and also knows that golf isn't cheap, maybe they're staking our your packages.

Seems silly, but there are people who forget their infant children are in the back seats of their cars. Don't underestimate the ignorance, or overestimate the intelligence of people.

Members online

No members online now.