• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Global Golf Rocks!!!

RJTee

Dec 5, 2007
They have used clubs on their website that come with headcovers. Heck, look at the first post of this thread. It was a used club (albeit a 5 star) but it came with a headcover. Mine was marked as having a headcover. No worries though, I'm confident a phone call tomorrow will resolve the issue.

Tried posting a link to an ad they have on ebay, however, couldn't get a good address and it wouldn't work.

Some of their ads indicate "yes" under "headcover included' however further down under item notes they indicate "no headcover included with this item".

Good luck with the phone call.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
You're right, Ez. Have you considered calling UPS corporate offices? Tell them you're calling in reference to a particular event, but that you'd like to cite MANY instances where UPS has destroyed or misplaced an item, and you would like fair compensation.

Also; what idiot leaves a box in plain sight on a porch? Brown can kiss my ass if that's their definition of a safe delivery. They ought to tape a note to your door telling you an approximate time tomorrow they will deliver the package, and not leave it stranded. If somebody knows you're an avid golfer, and also knows that golf isn't cheap, maybe they're staking our your packages.

Seems silly, but there are people who forget their infant children are in the back seats of their cars. Don't underestimate the ignorance, or overestimate the intelligence of people.
Scary but true.

There is a UPS warehouse about 10 miles from my house. Most stuff gets shipped to my office, and someone is always there to sign for it, but I have had things shipped to the warehouse, and I just drive over and pick them up. They can't claim they left the package on my doorstep. Bastards in my neighborhood stole a my parrot off my back porch. A package sitting in plain view might as well have Christmas wrapping paper on it.

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
Couple of things came up I wanted to address. First WBL your welcome glad you like the club. Second all shipments SHOULD come with an email once they ship, that is a UPS email not ours. Also HMBR your headcover is on the way! (Sorry for the mix-up). Just an FYI headcovers go both ways, some have them some dont and that just depends on how our supply is running at the time. If it says headcover and you dont get it please do what H did and send me a note and I will take care of it! Finally Rock...sorry about the UPS thing as I would love to have your $$$$, maybe one day we will switch over to FedEx but as of now I dont see it happenin!!

Hmbre97

Jan 10, 2008
Customer service just doesn't get any better than that. Thanks for taking care of it for me!

Now if the weather would stop being so crappy so I can go hit my new toy, hehe.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Finally Rock...sorry about the UPS thing as I would love to have your $$$$, maybe one day we will switch over to FedEx but as of now I dont see it happenin!!

Rob,

My comments weren't meant to be a slam against you or GG. You're part of a long line of groups that use UPS because the vast majority of your customer base is in the USA. Makes total sense.

I suppose it's for the best for me, I guess. Who needs 6 drivers anyways? :laugh:

R35

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
Geez, MGP, you should just give some of those away out of guilt!

Whaddaya got? ;)

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
Geez, MGP, you should just give some of those away out of guilt!

Whaddaya got? ;)

I am a confessed ho 'n stow guy. This past year I "accumulated" several drivers on my way to finding out exactly what works for me and what doesn't. They are all "economical" but quite good heads with shafts that are all over the map. The Golfsmith SR-460's are an experiment and the heads cost me about $35, new. All the CT250 heads were $45 new and most of the shafts were $50 or under, new or new pulls. The R580-XD's I picked up for $129, new.

Here's a list more or less in chronological order:
  1. TM R580-XD 9.5°, 45" Stock ReaX Stiff
  2. TM R580-XD 10.5°, 45" YS-6+ Stiff (this is my "old reliable" I can always count on, thanks warbirdlover!)
  3. Maltby CT250 10.5°, 43.5" BB Solution 130 Reg (soon to be lengthened 1")
  4. Maltby CT250 11.5°, 44.5" VS Proto 65S (haven't hit this one enough to make up my mind yet)
  5. Maltby CT250, 11.5°, 44.5" SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 Stiff (I hit this one a ton)
  6. Golfsmith SR-460 10°, 44.5" SK Fiber Tour Trac 80 Stiff (on the workbench right now)
  7. Golfsmith SR-460 11.5°, 44.5" YS-6+ Stiff (on the workbench right now)
I also have a spare VS Proto 65s that may make it into one of the SR-460 heads if one of the others doesn't work out.

I could probably part with the 9.5° R580-XD as it's like new (only hit a few balls) and I doubt I'll play it or re-shaft it. The others I'll keep at least for a while. Like I said, I got great deals on all the heads and shafts so I probably have less in them than a lot of guys have in 2-3 used "premium" drivers/shafts.

My irons, fairway woods and putter are set for the foreseeable future -- I'm down to concentrating on an everyday driver and hybrids now. :D

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Evidently I do. I just counted and right now I have 7. :faintthud

I have two. This is good.

I have 4 sets of fairway woods, one set that will never leave my bag.

Now who has the problem?:laugh:

R35

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
Currently I have 5 drivers, but 2 of them I don't like to admit owning anymore. The 2 TM's & the Adams are fine but I am embarrassed by the Acuity & the Callaway Warbird.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.