• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Global Golf

huggystyle

Brave Golfers Only
Sep 30, 2005
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased any golf gear from global golf, they on ebay but also have their own website Used Golf Clubs, Golf Discount Pre-Owned Equipment - GlobalGolf Sale.

I'm thinking of buying a superquad TP, they are around $249. I believe they are ex demo and the clubs seem to be good condition, some have NOWARRENTY stamped on them, they say its where its unsold shop stock returned or ex demo.

If anyone has had any dealing with them I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Huggy, you're kidding, right?

Dude, they are this sites premier, go to club site. Click the proshop or the Ho link at the top of the page and see where it takes you (ST gets a percentage of the sale if you buy through one of the links).

ST member robereno is the GG rep on site.

recommend 100% :)

Irish

May 9, 2007
on this issue robereno...you should seriously think about expending operations of GG/Golf Shoes only into Europe...the cost of golf equipment over here is huge compared to the US and with the weak dollar at the moment the export business is one area you can really rake it in....

I think based on a smart pricing strategy of $ prices = € prices (at its current 1.49 that would cover the VAT issue, export costs and then some) and make adjustments for the GBP and a intially small disribution hub somewhere in Europe..(therefore negating the issue of import VAT if purchasing from US) you could really get things going...

the european market would have a much higher margin based on pricing and therefore wouldn't have to be as volume based as your current operation (I'd imagine based on your pricing thats your current business model)...

its something to seriously consider as many of the target audience in Europe are put off by the transport duration, taxes etc of buying from the US but the market is definately there in Europe...

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Yep Warbird is right I will only buy from them, one of these guys or from my local store.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has ever purchased any golf gear from global golf, they on ebay but also have their own website Used Golf Clubs, Golf Discount Pre-Owned Equipment - GlobalGolf Sale.

I'm thinking of buying a superquad TP, they are around $249. I believe they are ex demo and the clubs seem to be good condition, some have NOWARRENTY stamped on them, they say its where its unsold shop stock returned or ex demo.

If anyone has had any dealing with them I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

I bought a set of Hogan Apex FTX irons about 2 months ago in 4 star condition. They were in VERY good shape, some of the clubs looked like they hadn't been hit at all. I highly recommend Global.

As for the No Warranty stamp, I don't know that I would worry about this. This is typical for shop demo clubs, and truth be told since you have owned golf clubs how many times have you had to use the warranty?

I have only used a warranty twice, I had a Cobra SS something driver about 4 yrs ago that the face cracked on, Twice, i brought it back to the store and they gave me a new one the first time. The second time I asked and got something different. I have not owned a Cobra club since.

OP
H

huggystyle

Brave Golfers Only
Sep 30, 2005
Thanks guys, I never realized the 2 sites were linked. Okay well I think I'm going to give it a go. A new TP superquad is £350-400 so I can get a decent used/demo one for £150 then I've done well. I'm guessing as it doesn't come with additional weights, the TLC tool or the headcover it must be a demo club.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
on this issue robereno...you should seriously think about expending operations of GG/Golf Shoes only into Europe...the cost of golf equipment over here is huge compared to the US and with the weak dollar at the moment the export business is one area you can really rake it in....

I think based on a smart pricing strategy of $ prices = € prices (at its current 1.49 that would cover the VAT issue, export costs and then some) and make adjustments for the GBP and a intially small disribution hub somewhere in Europe..(therefore negating the issue of import VAT if purchasing from US) you could really get things going...

the european market would have a much higher margin based on pricing and therefore wouldn't have to be as volume based as your current operation (I'd imagine based on your pricing thats your current business model)...

its something to seriously consider as many of the target audience in Europe are put off by the transport duration, taxes etc of buying from the US but the market is definately there in Europe...

I'm with Irish here. There is a very good high margin business here in EUrope for a US company to exploit. We pay almost 75% more for stuff here than if I buy it in the US. Even if you factor in shipping and export / import duties, I still think it would be worth investigating a European hub, say in Dublin? :D especially for demo and used clubs. It would really be a marketing / supply chain issue and if you got it right it would blow eBay.co.uk out of the water.

Irish

May 9, 2007
I'm with Irish here. There is a very good high margin business here in EUrope for a US company to exploit. We pay almost 75% more for stuff here than if I buy it in the US. Even if you factor in shipping and export / import duties, I still think it would be worth investigating a European hub, say in Dublin? :D especially for demo and used clubs. It would really be a marketing / supply chain issue and if you got it right it would blow eBay.co.uk out of the water.

Certainly think with the right marketing strategy it could do very well
I also think the Golf Shoes would do really well over here...the cheap footjoy closeouts and blems would sell themselves

robereno

Oct 25, 2006
First of all, HuggyStyle, when you pick out what club you want if you send me a PM I will give you a discount code for your first GlobalGolf purchase.

2nd, guys we are looking at expanding into the European market. I lived in Belgium for 3 years working in the wine industry and am pretty familiar with the cost savings that come from having a local operation. I actually used to have to visit the corporate offices of some of your stores, ASDA, Waitrose, Marks&Spencer, Tesco, Safeway......etc....I dont know when it will really hit the radar screen of our owner but hopefully soon. I passed on both of your recommendations myself. Thanks for the input.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Global Golf is a club hoes Utopia, you can't go wrong with them. Any time I'm looking to buy something I check them 1st, and only if they don't have it do I go elsewhere.

Do I get a discount on my next purchase now robereno?:D

ps. their rating system amazes me, if it says 3 star, its almost new looking, 4 stars looks brand new, and I imagine if they list it as new it hasn't even been built yet.

WildCatGolfer17

Aug 16, 2007
They are super super nice guys, especially Roberno, he is on the forum if he hasent already replied to this thread I didnt read other posts :p They are a lock

🔥 Latest posts