• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Glove Recommendation

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Well, I got a blister, under a blister that was already on my thumb. Currently I don't wear a glove, so I'm hoping to find one that I like and stop the blisters.

I need a glove, under $10 hopefully. Just so I can buy 3-4 of them and rotate. Because I sweat like a pig.

Any recommendations? FootJoy? Nike? Callaway?

Thanks

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I don't buy expensive gloves. The cheaper Titleist and Nikes hold up the best for me. I found one site where I bought 3 Nike Drifits (expensive normally) for like $20. I forgot to bookmark it and can't find it now. :)

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Ever since I started using the $10 Callaways, they're all I use. Fit good, feel good, last long.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
If you are getting a blister on your thumb, you likely need to fix your grip to fix the issue. Sounds like you are gripping the club wrong or too hard. Weatherproof medical tape works pretty well for callusus and blisters. Actually if you get any kind of blister as opposed to a callus, it sounds like something is wrong with your grip or grip pressure although a lack of glove may be part of the issue, but not for the thumb..

edit 1 - to answer the question though, I did just pick up 3 TM gloves on sale at Dicks for $30. Normally $15-$20 a piece. I usually just buy cheap gloves that are leather, and then wear Wet weather gloves on really hot days. They seem to hold up very well and help with sweat and humidity. Even with the glove, I would use the Medical tape underneath, works wonders.

OP
K

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
It's on my left thumb, that goes straight down the shaft.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
It's on my left thumb, that goes straight down the shaft.
I figured that, being that it was on your glove hand. Although you shouldn't have a blister on either. Whether it be from to much pressure from that thumb, or to much pressure from your overlapping hand, Or simply the club sliding around too much.

edit 1 - Actually though, rereading your initial post, I assumed the first blister was due to golf as well, which may be wrong. I could see if the skin was already blistered it could aggravate the injury even with a proper grip. In which case tape and a glove may help it go away. If the initial one was from golf though, it may be a problem

OP
K

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Yeah I figure it's from gripping the club too hard. I'm going to pick up two gloves to try out today. A Wilson and either a FootJoy or Callaway.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Footjoy Weather Soft. Lasts forever. Stays soft for ever. I have tried several other brands and have never had a glove last as long as the weather soft.

BlakeDgreat

My title doesn't fit here
Jul 19, 2006
Footjoy Weather Soft. Lasts forever. Stays soft for ever. I have tried several other brands and have never had a glove last as long as the weather soft.

I second the weather soft, has not failed for me.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Suprisingly my favorite glove I've used yet so far was the cheapest, a Callaway from Target.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nike Durafeel. I have a black one and a white one... I don't plan on buying another till 2008. Honestly they've held up 10times longer than any other glove I've played. I used to go through Mizuno's in under a month.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
just get cord grips, then forget about the glove:laugh:

Seriously though, Footjoy Sofjoys. They are like $12 and feel great...

Hangfire

Jan 6, 2006
just get cord grips, then forget about the glove:laugh:

Seriously though, Footjoy Sofjoys. They are like $12 and feel great...

Are the Footjoys Sofjoys anything like the WeatherSofs? Which one lasts longer?

I am currently using the old Taylor Made Reacts (I bought 6 pair last year) but I keep wearing them out on the heel. They fit really well but I chew them up pretty fast...:(

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
Are the Footjoys Sofjoys anything like the WeatherSofs? Which one lasts longer?
If my memory serves me (I have used both) the Weathersoft is not leather glove but Microfiber. I could never get used to the slick feel of Microfiber, but I would compare the Sofjoy to any other Cabretta Leather glove that I normally buy. Again though, I usually buy cheaper glove, so durability may be less than some.

I have about 6 Sofjoys right now (the last type I bought) and they hold up as good if not better than any other $10-12 dollar glove I have used.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I use the Footjoy Sciflex.

Awesome glove, If you don't mind the filth, you can get probably 25 (or more) rounds out of one.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.