• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Glove recommendation

74 thing

Sep 4, 2008
What kind of golf glove do you use and can you recommend one?

I have been using the Titleist Player or Perma Soft ones and I like how they feel but they break down pretty quickly. I was wondering if there were any recommendations on some to take a look at.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
FootJoy gloves are quite nice looking, they include a ball marker and go for cheap.

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
Well.. I sweat so much during the summer I'm pretty hard on gloves... so I get whatever caberet glove I can find on sale :)

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Footjoy Weathersof

Now that i play these, i won't play anything else. I had tried several gloves before trying the weathersof's as recommended here. These give better grip and last 3x as long as the others. Nothing cheaper when compared to how many rounds i can get out of 1 weathersof.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
I'll agree on the weathersoft. I buy them two at the time (you can find them in two packs) and will rotate each glove every three holes. They last forever this way. I can get 3 months easy out of both gloves and I play 4 times a week or more.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I use the weather sof's mostly.. Then I use some other more expensive FJ glove with the silly ball marker on the logo.. I think the feel of the more expensive one more(obviously, right?)... But the weather sofs last a long time.. They are real comfortable and offer a good fit.. I buy them in 2 and 3 packs so I save a little bit each time.. I get them to last around 2-3 months before I end up getting dirt and mud on them, or stretching them out where they fit a little looser. Then I change.

Another glove to look for is the Adidas Inertia.. I got a 3 pack of them this past summer and I've only use 1.. It's a real nice glove too, although not as finished as the FJ's... Last a while, and it's comfortable too.

MGP

Clubmaking Ho
Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2007
I'll toss a recommendation in from left field...

I really like the Etonic Dri-Lite synthetic gloves. I wore one from Sept. 2008 until my last round in December2009. It's the only synthetic glove I've worn that feels as good as leather to me. Tough as nails, survived a lot of sweaty rounds in the humid Kansas summer and several rainstorms where it was totally soaked. The next day was like new. Over 50 rounds on this single glove before I finally started getting some tears in it. They are a great hot weather glove. The best part is they are cheap! Can be had from GolfEtail for about $5 each or less.

GolfEtail Etonic Dri-Lite Gloves (although I usually get them a bit cheaper on Ebay)

If you like leather then the Etonic AC Tour gloves are also a bargain. It's what I wore before switching to the Dri-Lites. Well made and also inexpensive.

Ebay Etonic AC Tour Gloves

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My vote is far and away to Mizuno Retroflex leather. By far the longest lasting glove I've used.

I've also heard good things about Oakley, but I've never tried them. Rare to see, but phenomenal longevity is what I have read.

R35

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
mggolf.com. I get the Tech Grip Glove. I've also used their Dyna glove. Great cabretta leather. Here's the best part...2 for 1 on ALL their gloves. Best deal in town for that quality of glove.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
United States United States
I use whatever is on sale, have used Acuity's, Callaways, TaylorMade, etc. No friggin difference as far as I can tell.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Anyone ever try those Bionic gloves that are supposedly washable?

My boss LOVES those. Bought two, and he's never replaced them yet from about a year ago. He plays probably 4-6 times a month or more. He likes the lack of grip pressue he has to put on the grip to hold it stable.. I haven't tried it yet. I hate the way they look, and for $25 I can get two of any other kinds.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
The bionic glove feels great, but it effectually makes your grip MUCH bigger. Honestly, it's almost like wearing a mitten. It's like going from a standard size grip to a jumbo. That's all it really does for you, IMO.

🔥 Latest posts