• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Glove wear indications

sirwill

Aug 13, 2009
I have been wondering why our golf gloves wear out in the particular fashion they do. I use an interlock grip and my left handed gloves wear out in an overall normal fashion with one exception. The inner left side of my thumb wears out the most, even though both my thumbs are centered straight down the shaft/grip. I'm guessing my left thumb is somehow rolling off to the right side of the shaft/grip. Just wondering what your take on glove wear my indicate. Thank you.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I have been wondering why our golf gloves wear out in the particular fashion they do. I use an interlock grip and my left handed gloves wear out in an overall normal fashion with one exception. The inner left side of my thumb wears out the most, even though both my thumbs are centered straight down the shaft/grip. I'm guessing my left thumb is somehow rolling off to the right side of the shaft/grip. Just wondering what your take on glove wear my indicate. Thank you.

Nope.

That wear mark is almost ALWAYS the result of the butt of the grip rubbing against the grip.

I call it a "lazy grip".

Get a new clean grip....and reach down about 1/4 inch and you should not see wear marks there....

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
lower palm wears out fast if you've got the grip too high on your palm. I just resolved this problem this summer. Get the club in the right place (at the fingers) and your gloves last forever. And you also hit the ball farther. :D

OP
sirwill

sirwill

Aug 13, 2009
Thanks for the great info on this issue.

LeftyHoges

I've got the pants that'll make you dance!
Supporting Member
Jun 11, 2007
Portland, VIC, Australia
Country
Australia Australia
I'll go through the thumb of a new glove in about 5 rounds, so I don't bother anymore. Of course, I'll wear a nice little hole in my driver grip in about 6 months, and I average about 2-3 games a month at max.

Release some grip pressure maybe? :emot-ange

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.