• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

glove with detachable marker

fendter

Aug 30, 2007
Hello everyone,

I'm a first time poster and newbie to golf. I got a used set of clubs from my brother and have been the the range a few times and just played my first round here at Torrey Pines.

Here is my question: I'm in the market for a decent golf glove. I came across a company that makes a glove with an embedded magnet to hold the ball marker. Is this just a gimmick for advertising or is it a viable glove. They also have them for women with rhinestone designer ball markers. My wife wants a pair of those for herself. Just wondering what you experienced golfers think about the real world usage of this product. Forgot to mention that these gloves sell for $29.95 including the Swarovski style ball marker.

Thanks

Frank

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
Most golf gloves come with a detachable ball marker its more of a hassle, just use a quarter or a lucky coin that you can throw in your pocket.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
i wouldn"t spend $30 on a glove

many gloves have ball marks included - hats too acyually

one nice glove i know has a big marker included is the footjoy custom series - they often sell them at courses in the pro shop

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
The new Footjoy gloves have a magnetic ballmarker as well for half the price. Seems you could just buy a Custom ball mark and put it on the Footjoy glove if that is what interests you. I wouldn't pay $30 for a glove, and if I bought one for my wife she would likely never use the ball mark either.

Personally we take our glove off for our short game, so the only time we use the ball mark on our glove is when we forget my other one on the first hole. Maybe it is just me, but I couldn't get into the whole designer golf ball marker concept. If I am going to use a different ballmark, it would likely be more personalized like the Jayhawk one that I currently use. I am sure if I offered my wife the Jayhawk, or the "Swarovski", she would probably look at me pretty funny. Although if I gave her the choice of the "Swarovski" in her pocket or divot repair tool, or the Jayhawk on her glove, she may likely not use the Jayhawk out of inconvenience, or simply put it in her pocket.

Seems like you could buy a pretty nice standard ball mark for $30 and reuse it on any Footjoy glove.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
yea i sometimes buy the footjoy glove (softjoy i think is the name)...pretty nice glove and marker never fell off

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
To me ball markers on the glove make no sense....at lest for guys like me who take off their glove to putt.

I always remove my glove while walking to the green or if any shot under 50 yards to the green where I want the ultimate in touch control.

To remove the glove from my back pocket, remove the marker and then reverse the process after I am done is too monotonous.

A coin or marker in the pocket is easier

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Agreed with the above.

I use a magnetic marker holder which clips on to the rim of my hat.

OP
F

fendter

Aug 30, 2007
thank you for the feedback. I just looked into the footjoy Sofjoy glove and it is indeed only $15. Thanks

OP
F

fendter

Aug 30, 2007
Seems like you could buy a pretty nice standard ball mark for $30 and reuse it on any Footjoy glove.

Well, I just found out that they sell the magnetic ballmarker with a hat clip for $19.95. So the glove by itself is $10

goatster

SUPER SOAKER
Feb 20, 2005
i dont use the ones on the gloves as they usually are pretty small.i have a clip on ball marker on the 2 hats i wear and one on my repair tool.plus i ussually keep a couple quarters in my pocket.

🔥 Latest posts