• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Go buy life insurance

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
I know this is the most dull subject in the world...but today I was reminded of how critically important this is.

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about my BIL who lost a four year battle with cancer at the age of 56. My sister is left with two girls in private colleges and a pretty good bit of debt from their expenses.

Yesterday, she got her check from the insurance company for $2M....I talked to her today at lunch...huge sigh of relief on her end.

I am 52 and feel really good. I had a ton of fun at the beach this past weekend...partying, drinking too much, eating and playing a ton of golf. I've been doing these same trips now since I was 27 - fully a quarter century of beach golf party trips and they all seem a lot the same...tons of fun. Old age still seems far away as I pretty much live the same lifestyle I've always lived....

I know a lot of you are a lot younger than I. Believe me the years fly by...you get married, kids come along and before you know it - you've hit middle age. I know about 20 people who are about 50 years old (look good) and they are all widows or widowers. Cancer has claimed one life after another.

Go out now, and buy Permanent Term Life Insurance and buy a lot. $2M is a good number.

Have the premiums automatically deducted from your checking account and forget about it.

My sister would have been stone cold broke without it.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Good advice Bravo. 7 to 10 times income is a good place to start when deciding how much is enough.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I buy 4x thru my work, plus the other add ons dememberment etc.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Too much insurance can lead too food poisoning.

Honey, these mushrooms taste funny?
And when did you start cooking?

Latest posts