• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Go easy - it's my first time - Spokane, WA

Go Hawks

Just Go For It...
Apr 8, 2008
I live in an incredible region for golf... 7 months of the year. We've had snow on the ground since the start of November, but our courses may actually start to open for good soon (despite the snow this weekend). So it will only be 6 months this year, and I'm going a little nuts.

Every year I meet at least one group of golfers who come into the Spokane / Couer d' Alene area for a week of golf. With the quality / variety / beauty of courses we offer, not to mention the prices, it is tough to go wrong.

I found this site while looking for some thoughts on a new driver (I'm thinking about the G10, so feel free to let me have it... or offer comments - the only Ping I have right now is the Craz-E G2, but I used a G5 driver for a round last year and really liked it). I look forward to being here... and also welcome questions on my local golf.

:smilie_pi?

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Welcome aboard dude! Have you played Coeur D'Alene? I want to get down there hopefully in the next year or so.

I'm up just outside of Vancouver BC. If your ever up there this summer I'm guna be working at my home course (Sandpipier) and it is definately a course you should play if your up there. Although at the moment I'm in NC getting some "education" under my belt:laugh:.

to be honest, i think im getting much more golf than education:p.

Welcome to Shottalk!

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Welcome to shottalk. Spokane is indeed a good area. The G10 is excellent choice. Be sure to demo it as the shaft choice is also critical. Regular, Stiff etc will certainly effect the performance. Combined with the shaft choice is a loft selection. The only way to get get the right club is to demo the combos.

The Craz-E G2 puts works too. Check my signature--list of clubs in my bag. I also use a close relative to the G-10, a Ping G2. I used many drivers in my golfing hobby and the G series head IMHO is one of the best. It excells in forgiveness and still retains other the performance issues.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
nice to have ya! My buddy has a G10. He likes it........

Move down south, you can pay all year!

OP
G

Go Hawks

Just Go For It...
Apr 8, 2008
Welcome aboard dude! Have you played Coeur D'Alene? I want to get down there hopefully in the next year or so.

I'm up just outside of Vancouver BC. If your ever up there this summer I'm guna be working at my home course (Sandpipier) and it is definately a course you should play if your up there. Although at the moment I'm in NC getting some "education" under my belt:laugh:.

to be honest, i think im getting much more golf than education:p.

Welcome to Shottalk!

Thank you. Glad I found this site.

Golf is more important than education! I play Coeur d' Alene once or twice a year. It is a nice resort course... but not overly challenging. It is fun to go have a round (and maybe a re-round) and be pampered the whole time. If you want a great GOLF experience, though, it would be Circling Raven on the other side of the lake. Top-Quality course and reasonably priced. We also have a dozen great municipal courses, 3 or 4 of which are must-plays... Meadow Wood, Indian Canyon, Creek at Qualchan, and Hangman. Downriver is also nice, as is the C dA muni.

We've talked about getting up to Vancouver and Victoria this summer. If we do I'd love to play your course. I need to play in Blaine, too. I have a brother that lives there and needs a visitor!

I need to spend some time with the G10 and the rapture... and maybe a few cuts with the Mizuno. I like the Sumo I used for a round last year but can't get beyond the sound. I'm coming off pneumonia so I need to get a little more strength before I decide... and it is KILLING me.

OP
G

Go Hawks

Just Go For It...
Apr 8, 2008
nice to have ya! My buddy has a G10. He likes it........

Move down south, you can pay all year!

LOL. I'll keep the "South" jokes at bay. It is too hot for me there in the summer, though. I just need to live down south for 6 months and here for 6. Hard to work with the kids, though. I went to Cancun and was supposed to get a couple rounds in but my daughter had a little accident and kind of eroded those plans. This is the longest stint I've had without my clubs in quite a few years.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
I think trying to play Coeur D'Alene is moreso cuz it seems so beautiful, the pictures ive seen and playing it on Tiger Woods games it seems amazing, and still seems like a fair test isnt it? (If im playing from the tips?).

I say go with the g10, from what I remember it was much nicer, but the rapture is a pretty solid stick.

OP
G

Go Hawks

Just Go For It...
Apr 8, 2008
I think trying to play Coeur D'Alene is moreso cuz it seems so beautiful, the pictures ive seen and playing it on Tiger Woods games it seems amazing, and still seems like a fair test isnt it? (If im playing from the tips?).

I say go with the g10, from what I remember it was much nicer, but the rapture is a pretty solid stick.

From the pamper level / pure beauty the course really is a must-play. We usually play the blues, which helps, but there are a lot of friendly rolls on the course... most of the fairways filter shots back to the middle. It is a fabulous, relaxing day of golf... keeps me coming back.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online