• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Goals for spring 2005

OP
Rockford35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
buddha33 said:
Sad, but true. :(

I have faith Buddha. And if it's December 31st and you're still at it, give me a call. We'll work on the game till you get it down, lickity split.

I promise.

R35

jc@bg

Style guru
Sep 10, 2004
Goals for next year

Thomas, all:

I definitely need to work more on my putting. It's not like I haven't worked on it before, but I find indoor putting very boring, and I nearly always succumb to the temptation of playing rounds when I have time at the course, rather than working on the putting green. My course actually has three putting greens, which is awesome, but I spent about 3 hours on the putting green this year and have played probably 75 rounds.

As a result of changing drivers 6 times this year and eventually going with a model custom-tailored to my swing, now driving both longer and straighter than in my previous 35 years of golf. However, while this has made me a more consistent player (scores now range from mid-70s to low 80s, but I used to shoot 85-95 when the driver was really off), even hitting greens in regulation doesn't always help. Last round I played, I missed 6 times inside of 8 feet and shot 7 over par.

If Santa is on this forum, please bring me one of those backyard greens with realistic contours and so forth. Even better, same thing installed indoors. The wife won't miss her sun porch--much. If I didn't mention it, I changed my grip on the putter (not the putter's grip, MY grip on it) four times this year, sometimes using all four in the same round. Maybe a good goal would be to pick one and stick with it for a whole season. Also, no more new irons (got custom-fitted ones in July) or drivers next year. Wedges and putting. That's it.

🔥 Latest posts