• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going back to an older swing with changes.

William Tipton

Apr 24, 2013
Country
United States United States
I know we're perpetually working on our swing so no big deal. Ive got about 10 different swings that Ive messed with over time trying to find out what works right for my tempo and physique...and apparently temperament.

Last year I had stumbled onto what was probably a Moe Normanesque sort of swing, two plane but not entirely unlike a one plane...somewhere in the middle I would think. Maybe a 1.5 plane :D

Anyway, it was working great other than it was terribly uncomfortable. The accuracy was remarkable as far as direction for a new player...though Im still not overly great at getting distance down, which I think is one reason its going to be a long time before I ever break 80.
So while Im working on this newer swing version Im noticing I can use some of the components the instructor helped me with last week and add them to the older swing which seems to be helping with some of the distance issues and tightening up the ball even more.
It also seems to help get good contact with the ball more consistently...as did that old swing anyway.

Tried it once I blew my top at one course today and went over to my home course to let off some steam.
Actually got GIR on the #1 handicap very easily and dropped a two putt for par. Ive parred this thing in the past but never this easily. its hellishly long for a short hitter like me and a big ass pond on both sides of the green that is seriously sloping back towards you with the pin pretty much always at the bottom of the hill in the front so youre guaranteed to be putting down a steep incline if you hit the green on the second shot.

I keep thinking I have to do it all according to some manual or something but I really just think that I need to keep working at finding 'MY' swing, what works best for me, and just quit thinking about what Woods, Couples and Nicklaus do/did....

Members online

No members online now.