• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going back to school at 49

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
:shocked:

Well, Wish me luck fellow Shot Talkers. At the ripe age of 49 I'm heading off the college. Ok, its a online college, Virginia College. I'm taking the Human Resources Management BA course. Not sure if ya'll have been paying attention, but I was laid off the 1st of the year from my mid level management position. It seems every opening I've found and applied for requires a degree. So after much contemplation and soul searching, I'm taking the plunge and I'm now enrolled in college. :faintthud

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Dump your wife, pawn your kids, and go to real college. Oh yeah, and start a frat :)

Either way, good luck!

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
Way to go for it, MD. Wish you all the best. If your college has an online kegger, let me know. I'll be there with my virtual lamp shade on.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Good luck dub.

Eric, if you want to go to a real kegger instead of a virtual one, just let me know lol

OP
mddubya

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Way to go for it, MD. Wish you all the best. If your college has an online kegger, let me know. I'll be there with my virtual lamp shade on.
Thanks, I forgot to ask about keggers, I'll get back to you on this one.

Good luck dub

Eric, if you want to go to a real kegger instead of a virtual one, just let me know lol
Thanks Mike

But at virtual keggers he's 6'2 185 and tan ;)
Actually, I am 6'2", 180 lbs, and have a great golfers tan, white chestand back, white feet, and of course, a white left hand.

Go to real college, more poontang.
Somehow I doubt SWMBO would go for that. But thanks for the suggestion.

EddieC

Feb 1, 2006
MD, Best of luck to you. It'll be tough to stay inside writing papers about things you hate when the sticks start talking to ya. Been there, seen it, done it. And online school gets you access to online pootang Jeff....just don't go to any frat parties that ssmokin invites you to......

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My Dad went back and got his Admin degree at 46. All the positions he wanted to move into required that degree, even if you had 25 years of experience leading you into it. It jumped his pay range considerably and the focus for the learning aspect was much more level headed. It did wonders for him.

Well, he's dead at 56, but you know what I mean. :D

R35

Members online