• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going low second weekend in a row

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Last weekend I broke 90 for the first time with an 89, today I shaved off a couple more strokes and turned in an 87. It would have been lower if I hadn't had a triple-bogey at hole 13, but it sure felt nice to follow up last weekend's full 18 with an even better full 18 today. I had half-expected to have a meltdown day, and it sure puts a nice flavor on things when you finish a round with a birdie at the last, a first ever for me there.

My putter caught fire on the back-9, too, relatively speaking, of course. 14 putts for the last 9 holes, my best ever 9 holes of putting.

Was also working on my grip today, as I bought Hogan's 5 Lessons yesterday, and I worked on making mine more in the fashion of Hogan.

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
Nicely done RBB. I find your posts encouraging. As I read a lot of posts here, I find myself thinking about my game and see others in similar situations and realize what an effort to improve the game. But consider yourself an inspiration to others . Well done, enjoy.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Good job RBB. You keep that up and you will be banned from the "hacker" posting area. I only got 13 holes in starting at 5:20pm. I am excited about playing 18 tomorrow. I am getting these new irons dialed in and my wedge shots are getting very good. I holed one out of the sand for a birdie on the 10th. I have to just break down and use this 3wood though on dogleg lefts and tight holes. I can't believe I carried a trap in the middle of the fairway with it on a par 5 and only had about 180 in on 447. I'm getting almost 270 out of it and dead straight.

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
I don't know about me being an inspiration, but it is nice to feel like I've made a stride or two forward the past few weeks. Especially with the putting, it's a real difference where now I'm feeling like I can make these putts, the quiet eye routine is beginning to ingrain, and sometimes when I'm doing it, I'll get the strongest feeling that the putt will sink.

I had about a 20 footer to save bogey at 16 yesterday, and the feeling came on during my second look at the hole during the routine, and I settled into it, made my stroke and the ball just rolled beautifully, taking the line and dropping right where I saw it going down.

Almost sank a 20 footer for birdie at 17, just didn't pick up how the last couple feet was slow.

At the 18th, the birdie putt was about 12 feet, and I saw it. It was a left-to-right downhill putt, but I just knew that I was going to make it after the second glance up. All I had to do was get the ball rolling on line and it couldn't miss.

But, still lots to improve on. I still need to work on my chipping and short pitch shots, still need to get rid of the sometime over-the-top flare ups I get.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I just screwed the pooch. A 104. I was nailing the driver right on target every time too. I couldn't get a ball to stop on the green to save my life. These things were like pavement, seemed like when I tried to spin the ball it made it worse. I made 3pars and 3bogies along with 2 quads and whatever the hell you call a 9 on a 4. My bad scores came on the 5 holes they put in across the street on the back. It is pretty ridiculous. They tried to use 110* doglegs and 80 foot elevation changes to get the 5 they needed to make 18. I shot a 36 on those 5 holes. The 17th was just ridiculous. It is a 305yd. par 4 all downhill sharp dogleg left. You will run out of "fairway" with a wedge off the tee. I tried to get a 6iron to draw off the tee, put it through the fairway and got directly behind a rock. I could only hit the ball backwards and was left with a 3rd off the dirt and 40 75ft. trees between me and fairway. Had to chip twice more just to get a look at the green from 120. That ended up my 9. I think I need to figure out how that unplayable lie rule works if I am ever to return to that course.

OP

Deep in thought
Sep 6, 2005
Today, I got a reminder of old times on the front-9, as I hacked my way to a 52. I was very frustrated. Persistence can pay off though, and I shot 42 on the back.

Man, this game is great.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
whatever the hell you call a 9 on a 4.

That's an other. :) I also had a 9 on a 4. Kinda f***s up your whole round, doesn't it?

But my playing partner had a 9 on a 3, then an 11 on a 5. So at least I beat him by 12 strokes. :D

🔥 Latest posts