• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going to 15 clubs limit...

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Now that companies have mostly maxed out on the technology part in the clubs, the next best way to sell more clubs is to bring the current 14 club limit up to 15... This is just a fictional scenario so don't get too worked over it, but do you think the USGA will consider this to ever happen?

If yes, then what club will you add and will it improve your score tremendously?

Thanks.

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
I'm going to say most people will add that third wedge/third wood.

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
If yes, then what club will you add and will it improve your score tremendously?
if 1 club could have a tremendous impact on my score - I would make sure it was already in the bag :)
I think going to 15 clubs is about as likely as the USGA giving up on testing clubs for conformance all together - it would be great, but I don't think they're interested

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I already carry a full set of wedges so I think I would carry another driver. one that I can put down the fairway every time and the other I can just let loose and swing for the fence.

I don't see the pros scoring any better as they can pretty much make any club in their bag do whatever they want.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I would either add a 5th wedge (64*) or a clutch iron, which is basically a Club with the loft of a 4i and the shaft of a SW. Weighs about twice that of any other club. Great for Bump and runs, chipping, hitting out of tall grass, and other unspeakable lies.

Not sure I really need either though.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
I would add the 64* wedge back into the bag. I'm considering bending one of the 60* wedges they sent me into a 64* just to have it available again.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I only carry 13 clubs, and I can't figure out what club to add to bring it up to 14.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.