• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going to Disney...for work

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Got a conference down in Disney...I leave in about an hour, and I'll be down there till the 22nd...I'm probably not going to do any of the parks...my wife and kids aren't going with me and it doesn't seem like I'll have the time anyway...8-10 hours a day of classes/seminars/meet & greets/yadda yadda yadda...

Should be a fun time anyway...got 3 other guys from work that will be down there...and there's a German style Beirgarten within walking distance...sooo yeah.

@MCDavis - Take it easy on my wife while I'm out....and make sure the water softener doesn't run out of salt...it's the least you can do

I don't know how much I'll be on to keep you kids in line....so...be good, would ya?

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
If you get away and get near the beach do yourself a favor and visit Wurstkuche Restaurant.

Welcome

Some of the best sausages and brews since my Germany days.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Ah, conferences. I remember those. [emoji4] Have a good time E.

The thing I could never work out about about conferences is the organisers. They all seemed to make the same mistake. They make sure that you don't have one minute of the day or evening to yourself.

You might have spent 10 hours crammed in a room with everyone and then at end of day you get barely an hour respite to shower and change because there'll be some compulsory organised evening event where you get to spend the next 8 hours with the same people. Then it's the same thing the next day. Aaaaaargh [emoji15][emoji379]

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
Make sure you all ride "It's a Small World" together.

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Ah, conferences. I remember those. [emoji4] Have a good time E.

The thing I could never work out about about conferences is the organisers. They all seemed to make the same mistake. They make sure that you don't have one minute of the day or evening to yourself.

You might have spent 10 hours crammed in a room with everyone and then at end of day you get barely an hour respite to shower and change because there'll be some compulsory organised evening event where you get to spend the next 8 hours with the same people. Then it's the same thing the next day. Aaaaaargh [emoji15][emoji379]

9a-4p every day...none of the after dark stuff is necessary...we have a good time after our classes are done

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Welcome back, douche bag.

How was your trip?
Meh...it was OK. We usually attend this same conference in Vegas...I much prefer Vegas. Food is better, cheaper, and more options are available. The food wasn't bad at Disney, but it didn't live up to the price they were selling it for. Without a cab ride to somewhere outside of Disney, which would just add to the price of the meal, we were stuck trying to find a new restaurant every night. There's plenty...but not enough.

I stayed in the Swan Hotel, which is where the conference was held. That's the big perk. I was 2 minutes from room to conference. In Vegas, it's a 15 minute walk, even though I'm staying in the MGM, also where the conference is being held. Also...we're at the end of the strip, which means some of the restaurants are a good long walk away from the hotel. Which doesn't bother me all that much, the quality of food for the price is better in Vegas, since there's so much competition.

Also...in Vegas, you can be a bit more rude and lude...swearing at the bar with the guys isn't appreciated in the middle of Disney. Not a huge deal for me...but sometimes when you're out with the guys you don't want to be so censored.

As far as the conference itself, it was good. I learned quite a bit in my workshops, which are 8 hour classes on a single subject. The sessions weren't as great as they have been in the last few years I've gone.

I'll probably try to find a different conference to go to next year...or wait till the 2017 Vegas Dev Intersection to go back.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Meh...it was OK. We usually attend this same conference in Vegas...I much prefer Vegas. Food is better, cheaper, and more options are available. The food wasn't bad at Disney, but it didn't live up to the price they were selling it for. Without a cab ride to somewhere outside of Disney, which would just add to the price of the meal, we were stuck trying to find a new restaurant every night. There's plenty...but not enough.

I stayed in the Swan Hotel, which is where the conference was held. That's the big perk. I was 2 minutes from room to conference. In Vegas, it's a 15 minute walk, even though I'm staying in the MGM, also where the conference is being held. Also...we're at the end of the strip, which means some of the restaurants are a good long walk away from the hotel. Which doesn't bother me all that much, the quality of food for the price is better in Vegas, since there's so much competition.

Also...in Vegas, you can be a bit more rude and lude...swearing at the bar with the guys isn't appreciated in the middle of Disney. Not a huge deal for me...but sometimes when you're out with the guys you don't want to be so censored.

As far as the conference itself, it was good. I learned quite a bit in my workshops, which are 8 hour classes on a single subject. The sessions weren't as great as they have been in the last few years I've gone.

I'll probably try to find a different conference to go to next year...or wait till the 2017 Vegas Dev Intersection to go back.
Call me, I'll go to Vegas with you...on your company's dime...no classes...

🔥 Latest posts