• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going to gloat...

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
So i'm standing on the 18th tee of my 'home' course.

This is a 176yd(card tee's were about 10 yds back from the marker) par 3, up hill to a plateaued green. You miss short, or left, and it's rolling down the hill. Miss right and you will be in a DEEP grass bunker or OB if more than about 10 yds right of the green. Long isn't bad assuming the pin isn't cut in the back leaving you a downhill short sided chip.

I needed to land it in the middle of the green and let it trickle back up to the hole. Wind was with the shot but the tree's kept it really high and pretty much not a part of the shot.

I probably should have been hitting 5i to be safe, but i had just two pure 4i's off the last tee.

Pulled a 6i and hit probably the best iron shot I have ever hit in my entire life. Butter off the face started right over that green side grass bunker on the right side. Draws back and is headed straight at the pin. Lands and skips about 4 feet and stops about 6 feet from the pin.

I actually got to 'twirl' the club after that shot. :D

Of course i missed the 6 footer up hill for the birdie and tapped in for par.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Come on dude. I got that morning chubby in my pants for you reading about that shot, then you tell me that you didn't get it in?

I'm never fantasizing about your golf again.

For at least a week.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Nice shot, eclark!!

And yes, I'd have laughed at you for missing the putt.

Friendly advice: Don't drop the soap around SUX...

OP
eclark53520

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
Nice going man. I'm jealous, I didn't get to play at all last week.

It was a great last hole of the nine...but the first 8 were pretty miserable. Playing with the wife and daughter, it was somewhat stressful. Trying to help the wife with her swing, keep my daughter quiet while people are trying to hit(she's good about it if she's paying enough attention to know that someone is actually hitting), and paying attention to the two guys that can't seem to make up their minds to whether they're playing golf or patty cake in front of us.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online