• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going to Myrtle Beach in April!

golfer1

Aug 1, 2005
We have a condo at Myrtlewood Villas reserved for 5 nights and rounds scheduled as follows:

4/1 - Myrtle Beach National West
4/2 - River Club & Willobrook Plantation
4/3 - Long Bay & Aberdeen
4/4 - Myrtle Beach National South & Kings North

The golf and condo rates seemed very reasonasble at about $650 per man. But the air fare surprised me though at over $400 rt for me from Chcago to MB. I read where Air Tran pulled out last fall citing a not profitable route. I'm just wondering is Myrtle Beach not the golf mecca it once was?

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
I don't want to be too negative, but I played MB National West and South and was not very impressed. It was two years ago, so things could have changed, but given the choice, I wouldn't play them again. If its not too late, you may want to look into Wildwing Plantation. My buddies and I loved the Falcon course. And if money is no object, the Barefoot courses are all supposed to be really nice.

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
We have a condo at Myrtlewood Villas reserved for 5 nights and rounds scheduled as follows:

4/1 - Myrtle Beach National West
4/2 - River Club & Willobrook Plantation
4/3 - Long Bay & Aberdeen
4/4 - Myrtle Beach National South & Kings North

The golf and condo rates seemed very reasonasble at about $650 per man. But the air fare surprised me though at over $400 rt for me from Chcago to MB. I read where Air Tran pulled out last fall citing a not profitable route. I'm just wondering is Myrtle Beach not the golf mecca it once was?

You have chosen the most popular golf package in Myrtle Beach. You should enjoy it. Myrtle Beach is a seasonal flight market, therefore flights tend to be pricey sometimes........shop around. Have you tried www.myrtlebeachdirectair.com for flights?

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
I don't want to be too negative, but I played MB National West and South and was not very impressed. It was two years ago, so things could have changed, but given the choice, I wouldn't play them again. If its not too late, you may want to look into Wildwing Plantation. My buddies and I loved the Falcon course. And if money is no object, the Barefoot courses are all supposed to be really nice.

The package he has chosen is a pre-customized golf package and the substition of other courses (except Waterway Hills and Litchfield) is not permitted. The Barefoot courses are REALLY nice. Wild Wing Falcon has recently closed.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I really like Aberdeen. Aberdeen is the best of the cheaper courses in Myrtle. Just a really solid track.

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
The package he has chosen is a pre-customized golf package and the substition of other courses (except Waterway Hills and Litchfield) is not permitted. The Barefoot courses are REALLY nice. Wild Wing Falcon has recently closed.

Wow...that blows. Do you know why it closed? Just that course, or the whole WW plantation?

Lemonhead

Nov 1, 2006
They are reducing WildWing to, I believe, 27 holes. Lots of courses in MB have closed, are are planning to close. Real Estate is just too valuable. BayTree completely closed and they are going to put up condos.

Lemonhead

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.