• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Going to Myrtle Beach in August

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I need to get some CE hours, so I just signed up for a seminar in Myrtle Beach Aug 1-3. Seminars are mornings until 1:30, free for golf in the afternoon Friday and Saturday.

We will be staying at Hilton at 10,000 Beach Club Drive in North Myrtle Beach, so I need recommendation for nice, not too pricey, last minute golf course very nearby.

Anyone?

HITaMANY

Jun 6, 2007
There are many golf courses around you. I have played Possom Trot and really enjoyed it there. I am not sure how expensive it is but I do know that it isn't one of the high end courses down at the Beach. If you want to venture out of the beach a little ways I always enjoyed playing Black Bear. It is about a 10 minute drive down number 9. It is a little tight in some places but the greens are wonderful. They just had them redone a year or so ago. It will run around 50-65 last time i checked. Also if you venture into NC a few miles there is a course called Crow Creek Golf Club. I played it over the winter a few times. It was in really good shape then. Open course with some nice looking holes. All of these should be within 10-20min drive from your hotel. Shorter if traffic isnt that bad.

juniortodd46

Never Satisfied
Apr 19, 2008
When we went in April for a convention we played Myrtlewood for 65 a piece. Dunno if it's still that price, but it's a good course.

SCGolfer

Jan 12, 2007
Heather Glen is a good one......run you about 65 or so.
Possum Trot is likely cheaper
Go up to Calabash and play The Pearl......they have two courses that are sweet.

You gonna be a single?? that may be a pain the ass trying to get off somewhere

Jason

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
Waterway Hills isn't the nicest course but we got on easily there. It's right on the main highway in Myrtle don't remember the number though.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The GF will probably be going, and may want to "play golf", i.e. try to hit the ball a few times and then pick up and drop it on the green. Hence the need for an inexpensive course.

I may need to PM EDSGolf

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Possum Trot is a good, close, well priced suggestion.

Aberdeen on Hwy #9 has 3 sets of 9 and is a good course to look into IMHO.

Not sure if it's private or not, but The Hilton is right next to Arcadian Shores that has it's own course. Course is pretty, but that's all I can tell you.

Also, there's a good Tanger Mall right at the same location if the GF wants to shop.

Contacting EDS is a great idea.

HITaMANY

Jun 6, 2007
The main Hwy in Myrtle is 17. There are golf courses all up and down. Heather Glen is a nice course it is a Links style course. I know the pro there but havent been able to get down there to play. Aberdeen is nice but it is Tight if I recall correctly. I havent played it but my Dad has years ago when it was under a different name.

clemsonhacker

uncle sam's slave
Aug 15, 2006
DOc if you need a playing partenr for a day let me know and ill drive down to play. but yea possum trot is nice as is any of the Glen's gruop courses... if you dont mind driving inland some we have a 2 decent tracks you can play for under 30 bucks.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I second the Aberdeen recomendation. Very nice track for the price.

chollyred

Mar 9, 2006
Doc,

EDSGolf may be able to get you one somewhere. If not, just about every major hotel and condo in MB have a concierge that can get you on somewhere. Since most of the nicer courses are in high demand, the concierge will have an easier time with the cheaper courses.

Last time I needed a last minute single tee time, the concierge put me on Waterway Hills. I think it was around $45.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Sounds like EDS needs to help set up a Shot Talk Myrtle Beach golf trip!!

Lyle, get right on that, ok? ;)

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.