• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf at Kiawah Island, SC?

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
I have to go to Continuing Education seminars several times a year in order to keep my license. Usually I just go somewhere like the vet school at Athens, GA. This year I am considering a 3 day weekend at Kiawah Island, SC, during April 7,8,9. Isn't that Masters Weekend?

The good: the seminars are held in the mornings 8AM to 1:30PM, leaving the afternoons free for GOLF!!!! And there is a tournement for us on Saturday afternoon!!! And it's only a 3 hours drive from my house. And I will get most of the CE hours I need. And, since it is required, the lodging, food, travel, and seminar costs are all 100% tax deductible! :)

The bad: Seminar costs $550, plus I will be away from work for 2 days, plus I imagine a round of golf at Kiawah is kind of pricey. Anyone know how much?

Should I go?

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
I've played there but it was years ago and the company I was working for at the time payed for it.

The courses we played were very nice though. I can do all my CE online so I don't even have the excuse to do something like that.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
The same company has seminars ALL over the world, but this one and another at Myrtle Beach in August are the ones that caught my eye.

Each one is going to run over a grand, though. Ouch. Oh well, my last car payment is next month. Maybe I can swing it.

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Look at this way...

How many lives do you get in a lifetime?

Or maybe you're trying to save up until retirement where you'll most likely hold your clubs with both your hands and feet.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
This year I am considering a 3 day weekend at Kiawah Island, SC, during April 7,8,9. Isn't that Masters Weekend?

Should I go?

Aren't you gonna get some tickets & put me up that weekend?:)

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Ok, stop twisting my arms. I tried calling the company yesterday, but they were closed. I will try again today. :)

Wirehair, you would have a better chance of getting tickets than I would. The only locals that get non-practice round tournement tickets are the ones that have been "on the list" for 50 years. On the weekend, I stay home and watch it on Hi-Def.

Another question, how hot is it in Myrtle Beach in August? I would think the ocean breeze would cool it a little, but also that afternoon thunderstorms would be very common.

EDSGolf

Aug 24, 2005
SiberianDVM said:
Another question, how hot is it in Myrtle Beach in August? I would think the ocean breeze would cool it a little, but also that afternoon thunderstorms would be very common.

It gets pretty darn hot, early morning tee-times are suggested.

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
EDSGolf said:
It gets pretty darn hot, early morning tee-times are suggested.

That would make too much sense. :) All of these seminars are structured with classes from 8Am to 1PM, then the afternoons are free. August will definitely be a crap shoot.

Rynamite

100 handicap and rising
Jan 17, 2006
I played there 2 years go. There are a lot of courses on the Island. The one I played at was Cougar or Cougar Point... I forget exactly. It was a VERY nice course. Kiawah is one of my favorite places to visit. So I recommend it.

Not bad for my first post. Hello everyone!:usflag:

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
Seminar : $550
Room: $420
Golf at Ocean Course: $250 per round

<cough, hack, gag>

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Any naked girl that is taking money from you is no amateur.

Trust me! :D

R35

OP
SiberianDVM

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
By the term amateurs I was referring to the ones that will do it for free. :) Although, as I have gotten older, they have become rather scarce.

Damn, I really need to win that lottery.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.