• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Bag Overhaul...

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
Have been contemplating this change for a bit now. And having spent some time with my launch monitor has all but confirmed, something needs to be done. At least I think so...

Learning that I hit my 2i “5w” and 4h within a yard or two of one another. 215-220. In my head, I should be hitting a 5w a little further. Or maybe my 4h a little less?!?!?! Either way, it’s got me searching for an answer!

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
My problem lately is I "can't hit" my 3-wood or 3 hybrid.
On a bit of a whim, kind of an experiment, I’ve put my 3w in timeout for a little while. Sorta the same reasons, just can’t hit it! To be honest, not missing it, but I’ve now opened this can of worms...

This game is a head scratcher at times!

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Have been contemplating this change for a bit now. And having spent some time with my launch monitor has all but confirmed, something needs to be done. At least I think so...

Learning that I hit my 2i “5w” and 4h within a yard or two of one another. 215-220. In my head, I should be hitting a 5w a little further. Or maybe my 4h a little less?!?!?! Either way, it’s got me searching for an answer!
I tend to ignore #'s on clubs anymore, because the lofts, shaft length, and other stuff varies so much from Make and Model.

Although to your question for ideas. I bought fairway woods with adjustable loft and lies (Titleist 917F) for this reason. I carry a 4w that is adjusted to midway between their 4w and 5w. If I ever upgrade my hybrids I will buy adjustable as well.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Yep! Don't carry an actual 3 wood. Only fairway wood is a 5 wood, with the loft turned stronger to a 4 wood. Seems to work. As good as I've been hitting the TE driver, about to leave the Mini 1.5 at home. But, don't seem to have any unnecessary gaps.

OP
Louie_T07

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I tend to ignore #'s on clubs anymore, because the lofts, shaft length, and other stuff varies so much from Make and Model.
I love this approach as well. In the last year and a half or little more. I’ve had a bit of an awakening with my golf game and life.

In terms of my game, the only numbers I concern myself with are lofts on the clubs and the yardages on the PRGR screen. Results are what matter. Current setup is a 915H set at 18* I call it my 5w, the 4h is an Adams idea 21*... I can get more than 220 outta the 915, but obviously accuracy suffers. The max for the Adams is 220, but i’m surprised by it’s accuracy!!

I’d like to find something at 16* and see where it goes, my other issue is being a leftie. Proving harder to find than I thought!

Latest posts