• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Bag question

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Does ANYONE make a 14 top bag with "full" length dividers? I see them advertised but the dividers don't go down to the bottom. This is a pet peeve of mine when the shaft grips stop a club next to it in it's "full length divider" from going down to the bottom. I stopped and looked at bags today and asked the owner which ones had full length dividers. He showed me some Datreks and others but they were NOT full length!

I think the Nike bag is but no one has them at the places I've stopped so far.

tannerman200

Aug 10, 2006
OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I'm looking for a Nike M9 bag which supposedly has full length dividers.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
you seem very anxious about this,do you think it will give you an added zip on the course,full length dividers may not be very durable

? What would,make material,on the inside,of the bag any,less durable than,the same material,on the outside?

I don't understand your statement or your unusual use of commas but no other punctuation or capitalization.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
Even when they have full length dividers it's frequently just nylon (like rain pants,) not supported/boned divider like at the top of the bag. So the grips still interfere with each other, they just have nylon between them while doing so. For that reason I've decided that 14-way divided bags are actually a much bigger pain in the ass than 7-ish. The heads still chatter, the grips are more prone to interfering, and you have limited mobility when trying to work around those two things. A few big holes with a few clubs each is much easier to use, even though it doesn't seem like it would be. I :heart: my Grom more than my clubs.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I went with the Ogio Synchro this year which has 15 full-length dividers I believe.

It is a bag designed specifically for the push cart. Works on a motorized cart as well. Terrific bag.

The only things I don't like about it are it didn't have a ball silo, so I have to use the Zipperless Ball Pocket more, which is fine; and the top of the bag scrapped the patented Woode system.

I much preferred the Woode system on my Grom. But the Syncro's system works also. It just gets a little tough to figure out where you want all your clubs to go. I still don't like the way I have my clubs set up, and I've played the entire year with it. With the Woode system on the Grom, everything was self-explanatory and obvious.

It really is truly nice pulling out ONE club to hit and not getting TWO or THREE or having to tug really hard.

Get a bag with the dividers. I know I won't be going back to a bag without them anytime soon.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
WBL, once you have your Nike staff bag will you more resemble Tiger or Michelle on the course???

limpalong

Maybe an overweight combination of the two? With gray hair and much less talent? And lots of wrinkles?

ejdahl21

Never Lay Up
Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2007
I really like my Sun Mountain C-130. Haven't had any problems getting clubs in and out. Are you looking to replace the Ogio Atlas?

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I went with the Ogio Synchro this year which has 15 full-length dividers I believe.

It is a bag designed specifically for the push cart. Works on a motorized cart as well. Terrific bag.

The only things I don't like about it are it didn't have a ball silo, so I have to use the Zipperless Ball Pocket more, which is fine; and the top of the bag scrapped the patented Woode system.

I much preferred the Woode system on my Grom. But the Syncro's system works also. It just gets a little tough to figure out where you want all your clubs to go. I still don't like the way I have my clubs set up, and I've played the entire year with it. With the Woode system on the Grom, everything was self-explanatory and obvious.

It really is truly nice pulling out ONE club to hit and not getting TWO or THREE or having to tug really hard.

Get a bag with the dividers. I know I won't be going back to a bag without them anytime soon.

Got that one for my dad and FIL - really nice bag. If they had that exact bag with a stand I would've gotten it instead of the GROM. I agree with you on the club spots, though - I moved dad's around half a dozen times before I gave it to him because I just couldn't decide where the best place was for each stick.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Uh.... dude, right in your link one of the reviewers says the dividers don't go all the way down. Are you sure you got what you're looking for?

🔥 Latest posts