• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Ball Comparible to the ProV1???

btdickey99

Aug 3, 2008
Burlington, NC
Country
United States United States
Ok so lately I have found myself playing with ProV1s and really like how they feel coming off my club, as well as how soft they are around the greens.

Right now I am trying to decide which golf ball I should switch to and begin using for all rounds. Reason being is bc I found myself putting much more consistent with the ProV1s then just an assortment and diff ball everyday.

Now what I do not like about the ProV is the distance I lose off the tee, and with my hybrid which is usually about 20yrds w/ just these clubs.

So what ball has the same soft feel as the ProV but maybe a little better off the tee, or even on the wallet?

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
I found the Precept U-Tri Tour was pretty close to the Pro-V1. It has good distance and also has pretty good feel around the greens. The only negative I found was the cover isn't quite as durable as the Pro-V. I think you can get a dozen for around $20 online.

OP
btdickey99

btdickey99

Aug 3, 2008
Burlington, NC
Country
I was thinking of some balls like the Callaway HX tours, Bridgestone E5/6, Srixon soft feel, TM red/black?

what else?

InTheWoods

Aug 20, 2008
Bridgestone just released the 330-RX. Its a three piece ball designed for swing speeds of 85 - 105 mph. Its supposed to be their softest ball even and made to battle the Pro V1. Its MSRP is $42.99.

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
TM blacks. But there are lots of options. Golf Magazine did a good study on balls, for some reason the link i was looking for wouldn't come up so I couldn't paste it.

millrivermem

Aug 12, 2008
The Callaway Tour I/Ix are nice balls...long and soft...and the Callaway hx hotbite are nice as well..only 30 bucks a dozen...Personally my very favorite balls next to Prov's are the NXT tour's...I'm also pretty partial to Nike One Platinum,but they are expensive as well...

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The TP Black..

Although I found a TP Red and played the rest of my round with it, and it was rather nice!

The HX Hot Bites are pretty soft, but I dont think any longer.

Personally, I think the B330 from Bridgestone is a nice ball comparable to the Prov.. and I got a box for $29 on sale.. About 5 bucks cheaper than the Prov1 and Prov1x's.

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
The Callaway Tour I/Ix are nice balls...long and soft...and the Callaway hx hotbite are nice as well..only 30 bucks a dozen...Personally my very favorite balls next to Prov's are the NXT tour's...I'm also pretty partial to Nike One Platinum,but they are expensive as well...

I really like the NXT tours. good suggestion. I just don't feel like they are soft like the Prov's for chipping and putting feel.

I honestly think the e6 and the B330 and quite possibly the hotbite are good all around, driving, but feel balls.

I really dont like the tour ix.. They feel mushy, and dead, and I got noooooo roll after my drives.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I hit the prov just as far or farther than other balls I play.

Also you asked something easier on your wallet then you list a few balls that are in the same price range as the prov's. What do you really want? Price range wise 20-30 or 30-40?

OP
btdickey99

btdickey99

Aug 3, 2008
Burlington, NC
Country
so out of the Bridgestone e6/330, TP Black, and Callaway HX bites would you think is the softest?

and as to price, it isnt that much of a factor as the importance of the ball feel

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
so out of the Bridgestone e6/330, TP Black, and Callaway HX bites would you think is the softest?

and as to price, it isnt that much of a factor as the importance of the ball feel

Well the "best feeling" balls are going to be the ones that are the most expensive, ideally.

The HX Hot Bite is pretty soft, but tends to chew up pretty easily. I've heard good things from the e6+ and TP Black though.

JArmour

Go VOLS!
Jan 2, 2008
I like prov1's but I like the TP red better. Which is weird.

Anyway....the pro at my club gave me a sleeve of the 330rx's even though my swing is at the high end of the reccommended range it was really nice. It's the closest to the prov1 so far for me, but I havn't tried the new callaway's.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
I've had the covers smear on the ProV1's alot. These all are better balls IMHO...

Cally Tour-i
Bridgestone B330 and B330-S (and maybe the new B330-RX)
Srixon ZurS
Nike Black

:thumbs up:

🔥 Latest posts