• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf books

Loop

Aug 27, 2004
Went to a bookstore yesterday that only sells used books or discounted books. You can really find great deals in there. Anyways, I was browsing along and there were some golf books. I bought two that I found really interesting.

Little red book, from Harvey Pennick (bought for 7$ Can). Most of you probably knows the guy, and he's giving very good advices and has a nice teaching philosophy.

Pro's Edge (7$ can too). It's a book on vision training. Already finished reading the book (I'm a fast reader, but the book isn't too long), it gives great insight on how to better use your eyes for alignment, distance, putting..... I always had problems with aligning myself on putts, but I'm starting to "see" it :p.
Anyways, if you guys come across this book, I really recommend it. If some of you are interested, I'll try to make some kind of summary.

Anyone read interesting golf books?

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Loop said:
Went to a bookstore yesterday that only sells used books or discounted books. You can really find great deals in there. Anyways, I was browsing along and there were some golf books. I bought two that I found really interesting.

Little red book, from Harvey Pennick (bought for 7$ Can). Most of you probably knows the guy, and he's giving very good advices and has a nice teaching philosophy.

Pro's Edge (7$ can too). It's a book on vision training. Already finished reading the book (I'm a fast reader, but the book isn't too long), it gives great insight on how to better use your eyes for alignment, distance, putting..... I always had problems with aligning myself on putts, but I'm starting to "see" it :p.
Anyways, if you guys come across this book, I really recommend it. If some of you are interested, I'll try to make some kind of summary.

Anyone read interesting golf books?

Wife bought me the little red book for Xmas, haven't read it yet. Buy Who's your caddy? It's awesome!

igneous

Mar 24, 2005
I just started reading Dave Pelz's Short Game Bible, which I have in pdf format on my computer..seems good so far, but haven't gotten too far into it.

Rosmo

All around nice guy
Apr 22, 2005
Harvey Penicks "Little Red Book" - BEST GOLF BOOK EVAR!!!!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Yes, both the Red and Blue books by Penick are outstanding if you want to increase the game between your ears.

He really makes the game simple, which is what should happen. And these books demonstrate that better than anything I've read to date.

Give them a go, well worth the read.

R35

Silver

I don't have a handicap.
Dec 5, 2004
igneous, I'd love to take a look at that pdf if you can pass it along, I couldn't justify buying the Bible when it got subpar reviews on Amazon, but wanted to see what the fuss is all about

S

spankdoggie

Probably the best golf book I have read is "Search for the Perfect Swing" by Alastair Cochran and John Stobbs.

This was recommended to me by a troll on golfreview.com about 4 years ago. Forgot his handle. Great book. Highly recommended. Do a search.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
rockford35 said:
Yes, both the Red and Blue books by Penick are outstanding if you want to increase the game between your ears.

He really makes the game simple, which is what should happen. And these books demonstrate that better than anything I've read to date.

Give them a go, well worth the read.

R35

Rock - have you read who's your caddy? It is a MUST read... funny as hell

sdurham1662

Mar 2, 2005
Who's Your Caddy? is really funny. It get a little slow at the end but you learn stuff about tour pros you could ever think of. Like David Duval, Donald Trump, and John Daly. His is the best. It is really a quick read too.

Patlawman

Apr 7, 2005
Another great book is "A Good Walk Spoiled" by John Feinstein. Excellent story about the trials and tribulations of getting through Q-School.

🔥 Latest posts