• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Central's Tiger Obsession

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
The guy is the best player in the game and maybe of all time, I get that but he isn't playing for the rest of the year and they can't get over it. If you took a shot of beer everytime they said Tiger on the Golf Channel you would be shit faced in an half hour.

They led off the show tonight with talk about his knee and later in the show they will have a segment about what college his niece will be going to WTF. Why don't they take this opportunity to promote some of the other players like the young guys or some of the Euros that are up and coming, the British Open is next week.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
Why don't they take this opportunity to promote some of the other players like the young guys or some of the Euros that are up and coming, the British Open is next week.

I don't understand what you are saying here. There are no more golf tournaments until next season, because there's no one to play in them. What else have they got to talk about other than his knee and his niece?

Wait, what's that? What do you mean 'other golfers'? You mean, like, amateurs... guys like you and me, right? For real? There are other professional golfers? No fecking way.

Fitzpatrick

Good Walk Spoiler
Supporting Member
Dec 19, 2006
You'd think they'd waste a lot of hot air talking about their other new darling in Anthony Kim. Not that I have anything against anything against AK, I just don't care for the talking heads on TGC.

PingZing2

Can you HACK it?
Jun 6, 2005
They made sure to get his "Whats in the Bag" segment in there tonight between the Tiger segments.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
They talk about Tiger becuase Tiger sells. The general public could give 2 shits about Anthony Kim or Sean O'hair. Tiger to the masses is golf, like it or not.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
On our cable system, TGC requires the purchase of a premium package. My kids gave me that package for Christmas a couple years ago. I did not renew... and don't have TGC. Didn't see any advantage in watching nothing but infomercials and Tiger. If the NFL network spent as much time showing nothing but the Patriots replays as TGC spends on Tiger, they would have closed up long ago.

As another poster stated, TW will go down as one of the greatest in history. It is difficult to understand why TGC would not have more viewership if they would become more involved in current tour players... PGA, LPGA, Seniors, European, and Nationwide. When it was the Nike tour, there were many events televised. I really enjoyed watching the up and coming youngsters struggling to get to the "big dance". There were even some of the mini-tour events televised. Watching players carrying their own bags... watching players folding under the pressures like we "common men"... was good viewing. TGC lost, in my opinion, when they moved from being The GOLF Channel to their current status as The TW Channel.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
They do televise the European tour and Nationwide tour events along with the Champions tour. I like the golf channel. I just don't watch the informationals and Tiger tributes. Just like the rest of tv you just pick and choose.

And to see near perfection in golf is why they show Tiger.

I like to watch the "classics" on there also highlighting Hogan, Nicklaus, Palmer, Trevino etc.

I'd be lost without the Golf Channel... :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I'd be lost without the Golf Channel... :)

Aww, come on, WBL. You just watch TGC to see what driver will be in your bag next week!!!!:prop::prop: Watchin' those classics, next thing we'll hear is that you've gone back to persimmon!!!

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Actually watch it for the girls on Big Break!!! :)

At your age, you're probably watching the classic replays to see those ladies in the gallery. When Middlecoff and early Arnie and early Player are competing in the black & white replays... WBL is salivating over those ladies in the long skirts and hair tied in a bun, just outside the ropes!!!:biglol::biglol:

Members online