• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Club Heaven?

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Where do old clubs go when they get cast aside by the Ho? I now have 3 sets of irons, 5 drivers, 2 x 3 woods, several wedges, a seven wood, numerous putters, etc. all lying gathering rust. I tend to give out clubs to friends on long term loan. But I'm always loathe to get rid of them altogether. I gave a work colleague a set of MacGregor blades last year that I really regret doing as they were beautiful clubs and he's just a beginner.

I'll bet most of you have clubs lying around (in Neal's case he has a house full of them!! LOL) gathering dust that have been accumulated over the years.

Should there not be a Golf Club Heaven which takes in abandoned and cast aside clubs? Seriously though, there should be a charity that could gather these up and give them to a worthy cause (inncer city kids, developing nations etc.).

Any thoughts?

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Absolutely, Marko.

I have thankfully sold all my sets of irons from over the years, bar my first set; Translines. I would be lucky to get a tenner for them, right enough :D

I would be more than happy to offload various bits and bobs to those in developing countries, etc, who are not just as fortunate as ourselves....

Kilted Arab

Apr 30, 2005
IrishGolfer said:
Should there not be a Golf Club Heaven which takes in abandoned and cast aside clubs?

Absolutely not.

Mine are going to the flaming pits of Hell.

And may they burn for eternity.

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
IrishGolfer said:
Should there not be a Golf Club Heaven which takes in abandoned and cast aside clubs? Seriously though, there should be a charity that could gather these up and give them to a worthy cause (inncer city kids, developing nations etc.).

Any thoughts?

I think your hearts in the right place on this. I have some old stuff that's not really worth selling but would work fine for a begginner. I know I'll never use them again but it still seems wrong to toss em'.

You might be on to something Irish.

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Apr 29, 2005
I teach in an inner city HS in Dallas. I usually give my excess stuff to the golf coach and he gets another kid on the course.

He usually has 2 teams, an A team with golfer kids and a "B" team that's made up of good athletes who finish football in the Fall & then get "enrolled" onto the golf team. This is really a great deal for those kids. They get outta school at 1:30 every other day, the muni's let them play free (walk), and the 1st tee arranges lessons (my $40 a half hour pro donates her time).

Think about that for a nano second...Warm, sunny March afternoon, golf course or Algebra class. Hmmm....

Anyway, I bet he could use a couple of sets of irons, to put into the hands of 18 yr old athletes. It's sorta fun to watch those kids hit a ball, they all think looooong. You're never sure where the ball's gonna come down, but you know it's gonna be a long way away.:)

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
I own a piece of heaven.
I buy and attend demo days all over the country buying old clubs. It's a tough job but someone has to do it.
We also do club work for 15 touring pros so we have access to tour equipment. I hit the callaway x tour driver yesterday and it is much better that the ft-3.
Every year we clean our old stuff and give it to the first tee program.

nocleats

Dec 1, 2005
I'm not sure about the rest of you guys, but I know where mine seem to go.... My clubs were stolen out of my garage - TWICE!!! First time was the wife's fault... last time was all me. Oh well, it is one way to get new sticks... although I don't really recommend it.

Jimmy - nocleats
www.readgolfstories.com

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Uh, hello! Sell them to Neal.

If a guy has a disease like he does, in my expert opinion as a golf ho, I recommend exploiting it to it's fullest. :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts