• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Courses around Houston

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I'm not sure what the restrictions are, but I just received an email from the Redstone Course offering a $41.00 discount per person - valid through 02-07-07. (for up to four players)

Coupon required.

If you're interested PM with your fax number and I will forward you a copy.

The phone contact for Redstone is: 281-TEE-TIME, and it's called the "Countdown to Super Sunday XLI" if you want to check on restrictions.
Thanks.
I should be good. I am not sure if we will play there, but if we do it will likely be the twilight time during the week anyways, which is $40 less at $85. So I doubt they would allow that. Funny, I got what was likely the same e-mail, and just assumed it was an add so I never read it prior to deleting.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
Thanks for all the info guys. We got out there on Wednesday, came back Sunday. We Played Wednesday at the Panther course at the Woodlands. The course was saturated and it was in the 40's and raining. I took a mud bath out of the fairway on 1 and it didn't get a great deal better. Not a terrible course, but certainly not my favorite. After 12 we had enough when it was sideways rain, maybe only 42 so we decided no need to get sick on the first day.

Played Friday on the Oaks course. Not a bad course. Much, much better than the Panther IMO. It also had much better drainage. So it wasn't to bad. It took a little getting used to the greens on both courses as they were more brown in color. Yet they putted true. I assumed this was a trait of the type of greens and climate. I later found out it was a result of the nature of the weather after they had treated the greens. Again though, rolled very true, just hard for me to read because of the color.

Played Saturday at Redstone, where they hold the Shell Houston Open. I also received the coupon GettinginShape mentioned, so we decided to play an earlier round. Set up a 9:50 time, and they were on frost delay for around 45 minutes. It made for a very enjoyable day. The weather was great, the course was in great shape and very nice. Certainly a great round for $84. Not sure I would say it was such a bargain for $125, however I also would not rule it out. They do have a Caddie for each foresome, which was new too me. I had never had a caddie before. He would basically give distance to the flag, do all the raking, divot repairs, hold and clean clubs on the green, and tend the flag. Made for a rather enjoyable day, especially on a new course, but not sure if it is something I could ever get used too. Definitely the most enjoyable round.

Sunday we had intended on playing either Cypresswood, or Tour 18 as they were condusive to the airport. One of the guys we played with before said Cypresswood was really wet currently. So we thought about Tour 18 and had even thought about playing Redstone again. However after thinking about the length of the round, a possible frost delay, and the fact that we would be rushing to get to the airport and even eating prior to our flight landing at 8-9pm if everything didn't go well, we decided to forgo golf and hang out and eat lunch.

Anyways, thanks all for the suggestions. We will likely be going down again sometime on vacation, and to try out Cypresswood, Tour 18 and Augusta Pines, as the golf was nice and the people were fantastic. We decided, as we thought before based on our travels and where we have lived, once you cross the Mississippi, people become really very nice. Takes a little getting used too at first, and you almost wonder what they want, then we remember they are just that way in general. :)

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
Unfortunately, you came down to H-town when we've had rain for most of the month. I think the news said for the month of Jan, it was only sunny for 7 days of the month.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.