• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Courses around Houston

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
My wife's company is having their yearly meeting, which they always do around the first of Feb. in warmer climates, down towards Houston. We will be staying at The Woodlands Resort just North of Houston. Anyone familiar with that area, or know of any must play golf Courses within maybe an hour of that area? I see they have two courses on the resort. Any recommendation for something better than the two on the resort?

clint

Aug 17, 2006
I'm not sure which course it is, but the Houston Open is played at one of the ones in the Woodlands.

GettingInShape

Sep 6, 2006
FKA Pa Jayhawk,

According to "Avid Golfer of Houston" magazine the top rated daily fee courses in Houston are:

#1 The Tournament Course at Redstone Golf Club ($125)
#2 Cypresswood Golf Club - Tradition Course ($65)
#3 Memorial Park Golf Course ($48)
#4 Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club ($75)
#5 The Woodlands - Panther Trail ($69)

#16 The Woodlands - The Oaks Course ($65)

I played at the Cypresswood Traditions course a couple of weeks ago and it's in great shape. Nice layout, and about 5 miles north of IAH airport.

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
FKA Pa Jayhawk,

According to "Avid Golfer of Houston" magazine the top rated daily fee courses in Houston are:

#1 The Tournament Course at Redstone Golf Club ($125)
#2 Cypresswood Golf Club - Tradition Course ($65)
#3 Memorial Park Golf Course ($48)
#4 Meadowbrook Farms Golf Club ($75)
#5 The Woodlands - Panther Trail ($69)

#16 The Woodlands - The Oaks Course ($65)

I played at the Cypresswood Traditions course a couple of weeks ago and it's in great shape. Nice layout, and about 5 miles north of IAH airport.
Thanks for the info, I may have to check out the locations and figure out what works the best.

xplyboy also mentioned Tour 18 and Augusta Pines as nice courses in the area. Hopefully the weather accommodates, as we plan to play both at the Woodlands and maybe 2 others.

Thanks again!!!

C-bogey

Dec 29, 2006
Deer Park, Tx
I live just SE of H-town in Deer Park, and if u drive a lil east Eagle Point in Mount Belview is a nice course, The Battelground in Deer Park too. NW side of town Blackhorse, Longwood. South side 2 of the best links style courses 1. Wildcat (has 2 18's Lakes course and the Highlands) and 2. Magnolia Creek (a lil south of there in Friendswood) has 3 9s. I personally like to play Longwood, Magnolia Creek, and Eagle Point when I am not playing Battelground where I have my membership.

C-bogey

Dec 29, 2006
Deer Park, Tx
Also go to pga18.com for the best rates you'll find on a lot of houston area courses. Then goto palmergolf and get great rates for othe area courses as well!

GettingInShape

Sep 6, 2006
I'm not sure what the restrictions are, but I just received an email from the Redstone Course offering a $41.00 discount per person - valid through 02-07-07. (for up to four players)

Coupon required.

If you're interested PM with your fax number and I will forward you a copy.

The phone contact for Redstone is: 281-TEE-TIME, and it's called the "Countdown to Super Sunday XLI" if you want to check on restrictions.

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
I don't agree with Memorial park being on that list? I've played there numerous times and definately not #3. I believe 'jayhawk' wanted to stay up around the woodlands. But you're right, Cypresswood is not that bad as well but thats' true for only one of them. Cypresswood has 2-3 courses I believe and only one of them(can't remeber which one) was nice.

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
Oh yeah, Redstone is nice(i heard) but too expensive imo. If he gets that coupon then definately give it a try.

xplyboy

Sep 6, 2006
C-bogey, don't you think Longwood has the worse greens? I love the scenic, secluded courses of Longwood but IMO, the greens are just horrible.

C-bogey

Dec 29, 2006
Deer Park, Tx
Last time I played Longwood it was August or Sept. So not sure what they are like now. The Oaks and Palmetto 9s are always good. At least they have been every time I have played there. The other 9 I think the Pines not as nice. The nice course at Cypresswood is The Traditions. Memorial park definately a no. When you come to Houston go to pga18.com and they have great deals. Tour 18 lik $39 w/ Breakfast and Lunch. Same deal @ Longwood for like $22. Another good course in Houston area is Timber Creek.

🔥 Latest posts