• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Digest 2007 Hotlist

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
These sort of lists should be taken with a HUGE pinch of salt. Like Limpalong & R35 say they're great to follow if your stocking a shop but don't really tell you which club performs best. Even if they are ranked in longest, most forgiving etc, We all know what works for one golfer may be a piece of junk for another golfer, even if they are of the same handicap. Even the UK tests such as Todays golfer aren't even much of a guide. Too many varables in the way they test the clubs (like hackers), thats why Acushnet doesn't allow Titleist or cobra products to be tested and with these two brands missing what's the point?

There is a Tour Edge driver on the list getting a Silver award BTW.

Dave Ireland

I'm sizzlin tonite
Aug 31, 2004
Quite cryin, Cleveland's in there.
icon10.gif
Does Tour Edge have anything new?

http://www.exoticsgolf.com/productpages/forgedcnc.asp ... was thinking of pulling the trigger on theses babies til the Epon Technity J's came out of the long grass and made me buy them ... btw thanks again IG for the Black Ops getting them in past the prying eyes of customs and excise :D

OP
P

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
United States United States
I guess the question that most comes to my mind is where would you likely find a list such as this that does the research and is not swayed somewhat by advertising dollars. Granted you may have places like CR, but I think I already stated my thoughts on what they used for testing, and their pictured testing facilities and am not sure I am convinced they know enough about golf to be considered a source for how I would purchase equipment.

Granted, I likely believe advertising $'s has something to do with it, but they also have a reputation to maintain. Would I buy a club solely based on their reviews? I would be a fool if I did, but in the same sense I am happy to at least have a list of clubs to demo and consider. If I was not a regular on a golf forum, was a weekend hack that didn't know you should demo clubs would I buy it based on their reviews? Possibly, that is what I did when I started golf. At the time I used a review site called Ham and Egg on Golf, who at the time had a pretty large and recent review secttion, and I was never really displeased solely using their reviews to buy equipment. Unfortunately they rarely ever post reviews anymore, and the only one posted this year for equipment was infact on the Tour Edge Exotics. I since have a better understand on a better way to purchase equipment.
http://www.hamegg.com/main

I have to wonder how much lack of advertising sources has to do with them no longer doing regular reviews. I guess you have to make your own decision on how much Advertising weighs into it, but then again, how many regular and reputible golf venues will not eventually seek out advertising revenue and still stay in business? I guess you have to decide which you can trust the most at that given time, and which has the biggest reputation to maintain. I can think of another site that many of us are familiar with, I found it because it was in the site name. Although I wouldn't trust their reviews as far as I can throw them.

I just bought a new driver, I now average 350 yards down the center every time. My new irons are 30 yards longer, what a difference a day makes. This ball is great, it even cooks and cleans for me.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I don't give a rat's rit what the "testors" are swinging for the Hot List because they don't have my swing. Put my swing on those clubs and this list will change dramatically, and fit me to boot!

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I don't give a rat's rit what the "testors" are swinging for the Hot List because they don't have my swing. Put my swing on those clubs and this list will change dramatically, and fit me to boot!

I think the point of the testing is to have all handicaps and swingtypes to cover all ranges. But I agree with you.

R35

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
You know, Rock.....
You ARE in a position to create a hotlist of your own and publish it here.

Think about it.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
You know, Rock.....
You ARE in a position to create a hotlist of your own and publish it here.

Think about it.

Now you are talking some sense. Do it Rock. Lets have a poll of driver's, FW's and irons at least. That would be sweet.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
Make it pretty....for the home page. :)
Take a cheap shot at GD too if you want! :D

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.