• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Golf Digest 2008 Hot List

Glenn70

Aug 15, 2005
Did you have that nasty stomach bug that's going around? I think I'd be pretty ornery myself after that mess...:laugh:

Thankfully no. I heard ER's were overflowing because of that damn bug.

No, I started with a chest cold ( sore throat and cough ) on Thursday, and just as it was starting to get better, I made good and sure it wouldn't go away by going to the Giants/Patriots game Saturday night. So add 6 hours of drinking outside in the cold weather, and I'm pretty sure I screwed myself. I know, I know......I have no one to blame but myself...but come one...I'm a Pats fan....my brother got us 45 yrd line seats 22 rows from the field for face value ( $85 ), so there was no way I was going to let a stupid cough keep me at home! I just hope I didn't pick up walking pneumonia!!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Thankfully no. I heard ER's were overflowing because of that damn bug.

No, I started with a chest cold ( sore throat and cough ) on Thursday, and just as it was starting to get better, I made good and sure it wouldn't go away by going to the Giants/Patriots game Saturday night. So add 6 hours of drinking outside in the cold weather, and I'm pretty sure I screwed myself. I know, I know......I have no one to blame but myself...but come one...I'm a Pats fan....my brother got us 45 yrd line seats 22 rows from the field for face value ( $85 ), so there was no way I was going to let a stupid cough keep me at home! I just hope I didn't pick up walking pneumonia!!

Great seats. Great game.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
I've dropped my GD susbscription, BTW. It made nice reading material as I was wiping my a$$ with it and flushing it down the toilet.:laugh:
R35

That's gotta hurt!

My GD ends in Feb. It will not be renewed. Golf is cancelled as well. The only Golf Mag I will be receiving is Golfworld and that is coming to an end soon. Is Golfweek better/worse than Golfworld?
Tim, I prefer Golfworld to Golfweek. Got both last year (check ebay for cheap prices, btw) and read all the Golfworld issues. Golfweek was more of the same on the tourneys, but more on European Tour/Amateur Tours/College/High School...it was just too "statistical" for me.

Golfworld had some good feature articles that I enjoyed in addition to PGA/LPGA/European coverage and has better writers IMHO.

Hope that helps.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tim, I prefer Golfworld to Golfweek. Got both last year (check ebay for cheap prices, btw) and read all the Golfworld issues. Golfweek was more of the same on the tourneys, but more on European Tour/Amateur Tours/College/High School...it was just too "statistical" for me.

Golfworld had some good feature articles that I enjoyed in addition to PGA/LPGA/European coverage and has better writers IMHO.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, MCDavis!

That is exactly what I was looking for in a comparison. I like Golfworld, I just wish there were a few more equipment articles. If Golfweek is not going to get me that and is more stats based, I will stay with Golfworld. That one to two page section they do on equipment during the season is some of the best equipment information I have read in any golf magazine.

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Tim, if you haven't read Golfweek, pm me your mailing address. I'll mail you a few copies and you can see for yourself.

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
Tim, if you haven't read Golfweek, pm me your mailing address. I'll mail you a few copies and you can see for yourself.

Nah, thats OK, I have enough golfing mags around here I need to get rid of, and soon. I appreciate the info on the mag, though. Who know, if I read it I may be tempted to run with two weekly golf mags and clutter up my bathroom more than it already is. :D

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
If you want a good read...

Try GOLF PUNK. Pretty sure it's UK based. I got a copy of the November edition and there's many insightful articles and interviews. They actually do go research and try to get new material to let the reader know about, unlike the marketing BS in the American mags. There's an article about VEGA golf clubs, a Japanese handmade forging company that is very interesting. I'll be getting a subscription soon for sure. If you see it on the rack, pick it up for sure. You'll definitely love it.
BTW.. Have any of our UK members read this one?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Try GOLF PUNK. Pretty sure it's UK based. I got a copy of the November edition and there's many insightful articles and interviews. They actually do go research and try to get new material to let the reader know about, unlike the marketing BS in the American mags. There's an article about VEGA golf clubs, a Japanese handmade forging company that is very interesting. I'll be getting a subscription soon for sure. If you see it on the rack, pick it up for sure. You'll definitely love it.
BTW.. Have any of our UK members read this one?

Except 11 issues is $125 for anywhere outside Europe.

Yikes.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Really? wow... That is expensive. I didn't know how much it cost. I'll have to reconsider, but it's still a great read.

I've seen it at the book store, it's something like $12CDN an issue. That sorta put me off, but I've flipped through it a few times.

R35

🔥 Latest posts